20 posts • joined 16 Oct 2008
Re: Hands on?
This. And pluralsight or Linux Academy. Even youtube ;-)
Plus AWS and GCE normally have a free period of a year in which you can play around in.
Linux Academy even have "AWS Labs", in which you use short-lived AWS instances. A couple of hours to practice what you learnt in the courses.
thing that gets me is...
...we are social animals and nothing beats real life, RL, meatspace or what ever you want to call it. Deep down inside we must all know this. Nothing beats talking to a friend face to face, even though it may be raining and the bus is taking ages to get home because you are stuck in traffic.
When was the last time you ever said to a friend "that was a great tweet, blog post, yada yada"?
Why are we so fascinated with on-line ghosts?
So techies are loners? What are they supposed to do - hangout on face book? Wanna know why my "friends" are on irc and I hang out with them? 'cos no one in Real Life knows/cares what I am thinking about or will appreciate the hurdles I jump to get stuff __done__.
Some techies smell, others fear sunlight but most are normal people that have (shudder) social lives, friends and families.
If this guy is a Prof then I am a CEO of a major start-up.
Big bruva massive
Hear me nowwwwwww! Brat-brat-tat-tat-tat in a CCTV, bogus authority, big bruvvaaa stylleeeeeee!!
What's next for the artist? Submitting DNA before you write or sing your next song, "just in case Al-kayaeeeeda could use your rhymes for terrorist progaganda"?
I mean FFS. I used to take the piss out of Eastern Block Nations with authorities this silly but in the UK?
Big Daddy MC Lyrical Black Geeza and the Crew, Terrorists?
This really can't be true. If it -is- then the law and all that make it are asses.
Yeah, yah get me innit,
check the rhyme - Jihhad innit?
'cos I'm MC Al-Kayeeeda
and I'm the one the ladies neeeeda!
Does Lord Mandy approved this article?
* user hits send
Thank you. Your coment has been read and approved by Her Majesty's Government. You will now be asked to provide your National Insurance Number and tax code. This is in order to allow us to post the comment that you have made to the approproate third party.
* user sends email
It looks as if you are trying to send an email to a third party without it being vetted by the Govt. This is to ensure that your email will not be hijacked by terrorists or does not contain material which may be considered to be offensive by the Govt.
the good news
- If this is based on MS SQL then the jihadi massive have nothing to fear as the system won't work
- If the system(s) are reliant on using under-paid, poorly trained, over worked staff and agency staff then the jihadi massive ... won't work
- If anything has to go in the post...won't work
- call centers won't have to "record your call for training purposes" cos some one else will
- the entire population of <insert large Muslim community here> will melt the system every time it's Muhammad's birthday
But seriously I can see the future;
- no doubt that the yanks will bully the gov't for the data and the UK yield to the yanks. special relationship, uk bends over <insert major crisis around the corner>
- the yanks will probably demand that all eu nations have a silly system like this
- the next step will be an integrated, international system
- the next step will be a simple way to search for relevant information