Reply to post:

Do not adjust your set: Hats off to Apple, you struggle to shift iPhones 'cos you're oddly ethical

Mike Moyle

"I have a HTC wildfire that's fully working oh and it takes micro SD cards allowing it to be still used as a high capacity walkman and a handy back up phone. Can you put a Micro SD in an iphone 4 which was released at the same time ?

"Oh and my s2 galaxy is still going strong thanks."

Are they both running the latest Android system -- WITHOUT modding/jailbreaking? Because, as noted in the article, the Apple 6 is. The ability to keep up with security/functionality updates is a big issue for some of us. (Note: I have several Apple computers and an iPad, all of which are fully up-to-date, system-software-wise (My previous desktop was a Mirrored Drive Door G4 duallie that I used for ten years or so, or about two years after they stopped posting security updates for PPC systems.) My phone is a Samsung S8, updated from my old S3 because that one was no longer seeing updates and felt like it was slowing down, and I felt that I had better ways to spend my leisure time than fiddle-farting around with the internals. YMMV.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon