Reply to post: Re: Get me a babysitter

Giraffe hacks printers worldwide to promote God-awful YouTuber. Did we read that one right?

Iron Bones

Re: Get me a babysitter

"It seems you didn't feel to point out anything that was factually incorrect, apart from 'He's not antisemitic!' which isn't the point the article was making."

So why include it in the article if not to demonize someone? Do you know what a straw man argument is?

In any case you are right i cant point out factually incorrect information as nothing was really provided in terms of "fact" apart from the antisemitism which has already been disproved. All i would ask is does Kieren want some cheese with that whine?

"So if I say something like 'I hate purple monkey wheels', only to turn round and say 'It's just a joke!', does that mean the Purple Monkey Wheel community is not allowed to be outraged? May I remind you that for something to be considered a joke, it has to be funny in the first place?"

I understand the point you are trying to make but you are missing context. Everyone and anyone can and generally does take offense, isn't that part of some of the problems we face today? A deeper subject perhaps... But i think you misunderstand the concept of a joke. A joke does not have to be tailored to you, in fact many things you find really funny the person right next to you might not. Does that mean your perception of humor is invalid? No. Does that mean the person next to you is an idiot? No. Humor is simply personal preference. Can you accept that something is humorous without being entertained by it yourself? Sure. Do you have to be outraged by it? Sure if that makes you happy go ahead.

"EDIT: Also of note, click on the usernames of people defending Pewdy in the comments and be absolutely shocked that they've never actually commented on anything on this site before, apart from this article. Brigade much?

EDIT2: Ah it becomes clear, this article was linked on the Pewdy subreddit so in comes his army of morons to defend his actions."

No i did not find this article in any subreddit. I've seen articles with this same rhetoric, i just felt like replying for a change. Perhaps i could change a few minds. I was bored enough to create an account and post a comment. I did not realize creating an account was frowned upon here. Dont stress too much i will leave you special snowflakes to your grumblings.

This is not the first article posted here with this tone in relation to Felix. I certainly dont think he is a saint nor do i agree with everything he has done. The article just has a incredibly one sided narrative that i dont agree with. I dont think the people here are open minded enough to accept an alternate perspective. Thats ok, some "communities" just want to whine. Im fine with that.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon