Reply to post: re: Shorting Apple stock

Apple in another dust-up with its fans: iMacs, MacBooks lack filters, choke on grime – lawsuit

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

re: Shorting Apple stock

APPL is still the most heavily shorted stock on the NYSE.

Like here, there are loads of people who hate everything to do with Apple. The only difference is that many of them make a pretty decent living betting on APPL falling on a given day.

As there are loads of (cough, cough) supposedly independant analists (with emphasis IMHO on the first four letters) crawling over the company, its employees and suppliers and then making up headline stories about the company being in financial meltdown due to a 1% drop in order for component X from company Y while ignoring that Apple has increased orders from Company Z, there is ample factoids for the shorters to bet on and cause the whole market to rise and fall.

This is a fact of life for Apple and Tesla and a few other companies.

Yet there are the likes of MS, Amazon and Google who seem to escape this manipulation. Amazon with its pretty bad P/E ratio is a risk as well.

I've moved out of stocks and into cash and bonds as I happen to think that there is a huge market correction about to hit most of the world's stock markets. APPL and the rest are horribly overvalued.

That said, I am not a financial advisor and have no direct investment in any of the companies mentioned.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon