Reply to post: Re: Who needs analysts?

Not a price cut! Apple perks up soggy iPhone demand with rebate boost

MrNed
Unhappy

Re: Who needs analysts?

And the list goes on - look at the price of the misnamed iMac Pro (misnamed because a computer that can't be simply or significantly upgraded is not "pro", no matter how much grunt it has). By the time you've specced a decent amount of RAM and added a practically-sized SSD you're spending more than £5K!!!

Then there's the new Mac Minis - a nice, albeit overdue, update to the line, but with a nasty hike in prices.

And what about the Mac Pro refresh they've been promising for a while now? They'll catch my attention with it for sure, but even if they return to a genuinely pro computer (see above) I'm anticipating a price tag that's beyond ridiculous.

I'm speaking as someone who has for many years been prepared to pay the Apple tax, but I look at the crazy prices they're charging now and wonder where I can turn when my current workhorses give up the ghost. Priced out by Apple, can't bare the thought of bending over for Windows, can't get the software I need nor the required hardware support on Linux.

Arse.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon