Reply to post: Re: re: stop me painting my own copy to hang in my living room.

Australia to build a pirate-proof fence: Brace yourselves, Google

Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Re: re: stop me painting my own copy to hang in my living room.

So if Katy Perry doesn't like President Donald Trump playing "I Kissed A Girl And I Liked It" at his political rallies, it's just too bad for her? Even when he does the motions with it.

Some content has legitimate value arguably by its artificial scarcity, such as pay-per-view shows of "Some People Hitting Each Other".

Many art galleries prohibit photography, if you want a copy of Michelangelo's Little Willie to take home then you must proceed to the gallery's gift shop and try to get it over the counter. I think the days (several days) of lesser painters camping out in the gallery while cunningly producing a duplicate or near impression of the great piece also are mostly passed, but I haven't generally looked.

There is much to worry about in the present Australian legislation, but happily also a fair chance that the entire continent will be razed by fire in the near future, so that those of us who don't live on or anywhere near it can cease to worry about matters that don't directly affect us.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon