Reply to post: Re: Global underepresented influencer strategic partner manager voice

The antisocial network: 'Facebook has a black people problem,' claims staffer in exit salvo

bombastic bob Silver badge
Meh

Re: Global underepresented influencer strategic partner manager voice

"where he focused on underrepresented voices."

I can imagine the likely political views of someone having THAT job description...

"black people have had trouble discussing issues among themselves, because other people are reporting these discussions as hate speech"

That sort of thing seems to happen to CONSERVATIVES a lot, too. Recently, an Iraq war vet had his Twitter account closed on him, with no clear reason as to why [they SAID 'term of use' violations, but I guess JUST BEING A CONSERVATIVE ONLINE is worthy of such treatment, to them]. After appearing on the Tucker Carlson show on Fox News, *AMAZINGLY* Twitter realized their mistake and RE-INSTATED the guy's account!!!

But I say - do NOT ban them. Let them say what they want. And that goes for everyone else, too. Even if it *IS* "hate speech".

/me observes it could ALSO be a form of passive-aggressive harassment, flagging what they say as 'hate speech' in order to SILENCE them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon