Reply to post:

The antisocial network: 'Facebook has a black people problem,' claims staffer in exit salvo

Teiwaz

Facebook could use more friends, he said. As a serial apologist, Facebook has managed to alienate not just black people, but teens, and politicians in the US and abroad.

Facebook also managed to alienate me (on account of it being annoying and creepy), yet my demographic was dis-included from that list.

I'm sorry, but If the platform is broken and doesn't work for you and the owners have no inclination to fix it, why continue to use it?

Facebook is not a Public Service or utility - the mentality that it is, and the willingness of the population to use as if it were has empowered its virus like growth. If it only targets the primary organs feeding it, then that's just it being efficient.

And that goes as well for people willing to use LinkedIn like a default business directory or merely harass people by playing top trumps to massage their own egos by acquiring as many contact cards as possible and spamming complete strangers to invite them - and that goes triple for Recruitment consultants spamming for invites seemingly merely to pad their advertising reach to impress business customers, leaving the hapless applicant with a plethora of seemingly useless idle recruitment drones clotting up their contact list.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon