Reply to post: Mobile spam

Bedroom design outfit slapped with £160k fine for 1.6 million spam calls

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Mobile spam

Personally I have never had any mobile spam at all, wrong numbers from fat fingered people yes but no strangers lingering on the call and trying to sell/profile me at all.

It may be coincidence or it is possible that you guys have given your data out to someone who then sold it on, or already had the data because they are involved with providing the service.

Given that blind telemarketters are people who are happy getting paid to waste your time and whilst there is no real punishement if they get caught then expect spam to continue.

That I am not suffering suggests that it might be worth while for those sick of SPAM to change provider to GiffGaff on PAYG and not give your number out.

Every three months I lob a fiver on mine and since the people I want to call are also on GG I can call them when I like for free. Yes I pay full price for a telephone if I want to upgrade but at the same time it belongs to me so no hassle if it breaks (just back to the store), no credit company as no contract so no data passed to reference agencies who also make money selling your data.

As I say it could all be coincidence that I have no mobile spam or it might be related to you guys allowing people who trade in your information being involved, just a thought

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon