Reply to post: Re: I know it's unlikely

Sacked NCC Group grad trainee emailed 300 coworkers about Kali Linux VM 'playing up'

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: I know it's unlikely

I did this year ago with batch scripts etc. Set up a little script that'd copy itself into startup and eject the laptops CD drive every time it booted. The analyst put up with this for two years before wiping the drive and announcing he'd "fixed it".

I did this purely out of being an immature IT tech who worked in a joke-laden environment where all of us were constantly doing random stuff like this.

In this instance though I suspect what we have is a post grad out of their depth and using deflection to delay having to do any work. Yes it's impossible to say from what little we know but having worked with many staff over the past 25 years in IT I honestly doubt it's the organisation or anyone malicious - it's too easy to check for the type of access required to pull off this stuff.

Laptop unlocking itself - chances are the user didn't lock it and when challenged claimed they did..

Problems with windows - pfft it's windows.. this happens sometimes.

Being at work for only a few days and annoying someone so much they feel they need to hack you constantly for months.. - unlikely!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon