Reply to post: Re: Sage are pushing customers

Sage CEO: £60m says we can convert more folk to Business Cloud

VinceH

Re: Sage are pushing customers

"Sage have always been aggressive with marketing, but they have pushed the boat out for subscriptions and tried to use making tax digital to force everyone into some sort of subscription."

Exactly what I've been saying all along. I would jump ship (I already use VT for some clients), but the problem is, I've found no software that is as good as Sage for those whose accounts I keep in it. If I have to upgrade from my five year old version for something, I will - and I'll be looking at non-subscription options - but if I can avoid doing so I'll stick with what I have for as long as I can.

"Those who held out against the sales pressure may reap the rewards because there are now multiple companies offering bridges to submit VAT returns."

Indeed - both the sales pressure and FUD whereby some cloud-first companies were at one point trying to make people believe that making tax digital means you need to use cloud software.

An ex-client called me a dinosaur for my position on stuff like this. I think we therefore need a dinosaur icon!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon