Reply to post: Re: Dumb dumb dumb

OnePlus 6T: Tasteful, powerful – and much cheaper than a flagship

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Dumb dumb dumb

not that i'm questioning the usefulness of what ur describing but they sound like edge cases to me.

are you switching phones so often that the 'i can switch my sd card between them' is genuinely a feature? or is it nice to have on that odd occasion you switch phones every other year when u upgrade?

similarly with the 'running out of space on my internal storage' use case. just how frequently are you filling it up that you need to switch storage? again it seems like an edge case that can easily be remedied with backups off your phone every now and then.

i'm genuinely curious about the need for sd cards in modern phones with 64GB+ storage. are you guys really copying that volume of data on and off your phones that often that it's a such a chore? what exactly is this multi gigabyte data that people are capturing so frequently on their phones?? i understand that hd and 4k cameras are now built in... but are you really capturing that much footage so frequently that you genuinely need to switch cards? or could you simply benefit from the occassional backup every other month?

for the content creators out there - i figure removable storage is an absolute must. but they're using proper camera devices for that, surely?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon