Reply to post: Re: Dumb dumb dumb

OnePlus 6T: Tasteful, powerful – and much cheaper than a flagship

Ogi

Re: Dumb dumb dumb

> Removable storage is mainly useful because it's *removable* --- meaning, I can take the card out and stick it in a fast PC reader.

Indeed, I do that all the time to move photos/videos taken with the camera off the phone and onto my PC.

It is also really useful for migrating to a new phone. All my personal stuff is on the SD card already, all I have to do is click "export contact list to sd card" (and if I feel like, export my installed apps to the SD card as well).

Then stick the SD card in my new phone, import contact list and apps, and done. All my data is already there.

It isn't really for the extra storage, as most phones have decent internal storage. The nice thing however is that you can take as many photos/videos as you want, and if you fill up the SD card, the phone keeps working. You can even temporarily switch to internal memory as a reserve area, so you can carry on taking photos/videos of the event, while being aware that you need to empty it out to the PC when next possible.

Nothing worse than filling up the phones internal memory, and then you have to delete stuff before you can use the phone again.

Needless to say, I only buy phones with removable SD card, sim and battery (and a headphone jack), so most of the "top end" market doesn't cater to me.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon