Reply to post: Re: How about we acknowledge that big phones aren't as usable

One UI to end gropes: Samsung facelift crowns your thumb the king

Piro Silver badge

Re: How about we acknowledge that big phones aren't as usable

I couldn't agree more.

I thought I could get used to 5.2", but I've since discarded the two 5.2" phones I was using, and have purchased a 5" one (Xiaomi Redmi 4X), and put a custom ROM on my old Z3 Compact. (Yes, I carry two phones, yes, I'm aware the Redmi 4X has dual-sim, I use that too, so I carry 3 sims in total). It's so much nicer using the Z3 Compact than pretty much any other phone I own, because of the size.

Anyone who downvoted you just flat out hates choice - the market is absolutely saturated with enormous devices, but almost no reasonably sized ones with good specifications. No-one is saying larger phones can't also be sold, but it would be refreshing to have some reasonably sized ones from time to time.

I remember the reviews of the HTC Desire HD back in the day: Gizmodo praised it as "A 720p-Shooting Android Behemoth" though they felt that it was a little too big for comfort.

It seems so quaint now, (I have a Desire HD too), as that size of device today would qualify as very much miniature, but my hand hasn't changed size.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon