Reply to post: Re: More inclusive?

British egg producers saddened by Google salad emoji update

Aitor 1

Re: More inclusive?

It is the same sad thing as deciding that all races, creeds, etc have to be represented in a movie.

Well, if the movie is supposed to happen in China, most people in the movie, unless there is a very good explanation, should be chinese. Same for the us.. most people should be american.

If a minority is 10% of the population, parity in numbers is discrimination. Or you can come up with a good movie and try to be inclusive and thats it, do not force/reqrite characters, etc.

Going back to the egg.. it is NOT more inclusive. Non vegans will NOT be represented by that salad.. and they are a majority. So it is not more inclusive..

My guess is that they are so focused on discriminating people while claiming to be doing it for equality that they lost it.

Note: I feel that I have to qualify my post, as otherwise ppl will make assumptions. I am not a racist (not but..), and dont think discrimination is a good thing. First of all, because I have suffered it first hand in the UK, and second hand though my wife, as she is both american and jew (and boy they hate both in Spain).

I believe in equality, and discriminating majorities is not going to get equality. Of course, people with disabilities have to be helped, that is another matter.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon