Reply to post: Re: Is there any chance

Estonia government locks down ID smartcards: Refresh or else

Lars Silver badge
Happy

Re: Is there any chance

I suppose one could point out that Estonia becoming independent again in 1988 they had an opportunity to start from scratch regarding the whole system and they did that with enthusiasm and a lot of energy. Estonia newer fell that much behind Europe during the occupation. One might remember that the USSR never gave up on STEM and they had the Finnish television across the very narrow Bay of Finland and were able to enjoy all the marvels of the western world like say Archie Bunker and Monty Python all in their original language as TV programs are not dubbed in Finland.

Fuck you dubbers of the world, should you not think of the children learning a language and reading too.

(Fuck you Danes who had me listening to John Wayne in Danish, I had to give up, the guy has an iconic voice after all).

Then for the ID cards, I have followed that educated and intelligent soft voiced British discussion more or less from the beginning I must admit I don't quite get you, You do have to identify yourself at times, soon so much easier with that passport of the right and only colour. driving perhaps with some identification too. And I would presume you will not be able to open a bank account as Donald Duck (anymore?). I could get a Finnish one but as I have that other stuff and for logging into the "IRS" and similar we can use our bank logging credentials.

So what is the big problem there, perhaps it's all about the two-party system and nothing else.

But regarding electronic voting, no thanks, slow down there Estonians, you never know who could fuck up that system for you, and when. You will never be able to make it totally safe, unless you have started to overestimate yourself.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon