Reply to post: giving loans to poor minorities... NOT

Hardball hacker thrown in the cooler for 46 months for guessing rival team's password

Queasy Rider

giving loans to poor minorities... NOT

I have detected a serious WHITEwash here. Because, although it was claimed that the gov policy was to enable poor minorities to become first time home owners (read: cheap, affordable, fixer-uppers that in those days could be acquired outright for less than $150,000), what I witnessed was young, middle-class couples (read that as white, just out of college, first jobs, no savings) being given loans on the strength of a signature, no collateral, for houses valued at double, triple or even more than those minority cases.

The whole fiasco is truly a classic case of the powerful(rich, politically connected) blaming the weak(poor minorities) for all our problems. I don't know how what percentage of Republicans blamed Clinton for forcing the banks to loan to the lower class blacks, but every last one of them has chosen to ignore, or is willfully blind to the trillions gleefully lent to insolvent( by definition, before they ever put pen to loan application) middle class white folk.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon