Reply to post: Re: Apple Genius

Apple and Android wearables: What iceberg? It’s full steam ahead!

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: Apple Genius

Truth in marketing? Obviously he never went to business school, they sure as heck don't teach that!

The only person I know with an Apple Watch (or any sort of smart watch) that actually gets real use out of it is a realtor. She's driving around all the time and is constantly getting text messages, emails, calls etc. She says she doesn't have to move her hands off the wheel to quickly glance at her wrist to see who it is from, so she'll know whether it is regarding an active deal where she needs to pull over and respond - she's one of those rare people who understands that 'hands free' use of a phone has been proven just as dangerous....probably the only realtor in the world who isn't constantly on the phone while driving.

Before she had her iPhone tied into her car's audio system and it would announce these things, but she found the 98% of it she can ignore distracting and stressing. She likes playing music to relax while she's driving and the constant interruptions defeated the goal. So for her, a smartwatch was actually useful.

That's one person out of maybe a half dozen I know with an Apple Watch, and a couple with some form of Android, the rest of whom have it because they think it is cool, buy whatever Apple sells, or because they're a geek who thinks all tech is automatically useful. I'm not counting Fitbit, because all I've ever seen anyone do with that is count steps.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon