Reply to post: Re: I thought it was a great ep

It's all Me, Me, Me! in Doctor Who's The Woman Who Lived but what of Clara's fate?

Anonymous Coward
Anonymous Coward

Re: I thought it was a great ep

I have a feeling we're going to get more of Maisie than we thought from this series... She was absolutely charged tonight...

I suspect that your reading of the 'hamfisted comedy' was both spot on and slightly off: just from my understanding of 'gallows humour' and the sense of humour that permeates the literature we have from the dark ages: it was crass, it was what many of us today would consider unfunny, I felt as though the writers were highlighting a well known historical fact: these newly to be departed were celebrities of their day; the crowd were there to see them and there are several accounts of crowd engagement prolonging the inevitable... Rather than being an attempt at contemporary humour... there was plenty of actual humour in the script, and moments of extreme pathos, it was an incredibly well written episode... Imho >.<

I also don't understand why you thought it insulting to the actors... it was a two part story, both were given ample opportunity to showcase the build up to things to come and their relationship is one of the most interesting we've seen in modern Who, the dialogue between them is loaded with so much subtext I doubt any of us understand the consequences of it yet... ...again imho... I hope a second viewing will temper your thoughts to your initial reaction... it is opening this season's mood to a darkness as yet unhinted at in the Who universe...

I think... lol =)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon