back to article Jester claims credit for knocking Westboro Baptist Church offline

Patriot hacker The Jester has claimed credit for denial of service attacks against the controversial Westboro Baptist Church. The self-proclaimed activist revealed in a twitter update that he had torn into the Church's website in protests against its pickets on the funerals of American servicemen with anti-gay signs. "www. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. asdf
    FAIL

theres more than wheat in Kansas

Between Westboro Baptist Church and the Kansas school board every few years voting to ban teaching natural selection I am sure the Kansas tourism board has an easy job recruiting tourists from the big cities. Their motto "Eat your heart out Utah, we have just as many cults!"

1. nichomach
      Joke

You spell that last word with...

...an 'n', not an 'l'.

2. Chad H.

Its all quite amusing

When you consider they're supposed to be somewhere under the rainbow...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

I'm pretty much

hate what you say

but I'll defend to the death

your right to say it,

'cept for Westboro Baptist Church

3. Naughtyhorse

yup just a bunch of cults

Q? wtf is a bunch of flat earth, sister fucking, john cougar mellencamp listening, living in a trailer park, eating mayonaise sandwich motherfuckers doing in the internet?

don't they know it's the work of satan?

1. Chris 244
      Flame

Mellencamp?

You mean the artist that was critical of The Big Gipper, the Iraq War, called George W. a liar and a clown, performed at political rallies for Obama and H. Clinton despite neither of them being liberal enough for him, and has publicly expressed support for gay marriage rights?

That Mellencamp?

2. Mike Moyle

You've not heard of them before, then...?

The WBC, while narrow-minded, fundamentalist, and hateful, are NOT stupid. They have family members -- and the "church" is basically a single family -- who are practicing lawyers, specifically so that they can sue anyone who gives them ANY cause. They know the law and are careful to stay JU-U-U-U-U-UST on the legal side of the line and goad others to overstep that line. Collecting settlements on those lawsuits is how they support themselves.

Yeah, they're evil scum, IMO, but they're devilishly CLEVER evil scum.

Underestimating them by thinking of them as inbred, sub-intelligent rednecks is falling into their trap.

3. asdf
      Troll

actually

Your description is more of white trash a bit more south and east of Kansas. For the ultimate example of a true blue Kansas dweller check out cousin Eddy from National Lampoon's Vacation. "Yep Clark I'm not sure why they call it Hamburger Helper when it does just fine by itself."

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

We have loving christians in my town too...

Who post "hate gay" messages on the public notice board, about how they oppose the ordination of "gay clergy".

They are called "The Uniting Church".

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

suck it jester

I hope jester is caught. He is nothing but a blind tool of the US Military. Classic example of a brainwashed soldier - everything the military says is right and just, everyone else is wrong.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Down

Hate to tell you this but..

Whatever you think of Jester, (Or any of the hackers or script kiddies associated with Anonymous), dont confuse them with a real soldier. He's not.

Real soldiers put their life on the line to defend the freedoms we take for granted.

They dont hack websites they disagree with. It just makes them look like a bunch of annoyed children.

Of course WBC are a bunch of really unpleasant scum, who will no doubt burn in the Hell they accuse the rest of us of going to, however, they do have the right to say what they want. At least until they finally step over the line.

This is what makes The US governments's attack on Wikileaks more unconcionable of course.

As for your comment about soldiers being "Brainwashed", Soldiers *deliberately* give up some of their basic freedoms and personal safety to defend the rest of us. I for one respect that.

Sorry you cant.

Anonymous, because i dont want to become the target of some child's tantrum.

6. Naughtyhorse

god laughs....

When an inbred asshole hets hacked :D

7. Youngone Silver badge
    Flame

Not a Cult

WBC is not a cult. Its a family business making money from suing (or settling with) Police forces or Local governments which try to restrict its right to protest.

Try http://kanewj.com/wbc/

8. Gilbert Wham

Did he really?

Anon say it was them. Hmmmm.

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/02/24/anonymous-hacks-west.html

9. Gilbert Wham

Ah...

RT'ing the f'in A might have been a good idea. Well, there you go. Funny video though.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Patriot?

He seems a bit confused about the whole free speech thing.

11. daoxin

XerXeS is nothing new

"XerXeS" is nothing new. Anon already have a similar weapon in their arsenal that goes by the name of Slowloris, and it's seen plenty of action in the past months. Needs the penguin on your machine to run it though.

1. Tom 38
      FAIL

@daoxin - slowloris, give me a break.

slowloris? Don't make me laugh:

1) slowloris has nothing to do with Anonymous, it was written 2 years ago by Robert Hansen and publicly released as proof of concept.

2) Anyone affected by slowloris isn't doing their job. Any decently configured webserver is totally impervious to slowloris.

Slowloris works by using multiple, very slow responding requests to a webserver. An old style of web servers is to use one child per connection, and so are very vulnerable to resource starvation by this approach. Modern web servers will use one child/thread to handle all pending read requests, and so slowloris does not affect them slightly.

12. The Gopher
    FAIL

@AC

Really, why. All I have to say is this, a solider goes and does the job he's asked to, to defend his chosen country where ever that might be. To protest at someone's funeral who's died defending their rights to free speech does seem a bit much really it does. I do suggest you go look up the bible see where it says god hates gays, he don't he defines marriage however as between a man and a woman not both the same. At least when I says this I don't go hiding behind the AC tag...

1. MGJ

Bible Literalists

Always seem to pick the parts that suit them. I bet they eat shellfish, rarely sacrifice goats and dont follow the guidance for slavery, rape and pillage when they capture foreign towns.

2. Goat Jam
      FAIL

The Trouble With This Comment

is that the poor misguided fools who are being sent overseas to die are not doing so to "protect your free speech" so much as they going over to die to "Protect the profits of gigantic oil corporations along with the U.S. military industrial complex in general"

3. Killraven

God vs Homosexuality

I only post this because you asked, I do not support nor agree with those who do.

Leviticus 20:13 (basically states) If a man shall lie with a man in the way he would with a woman, they have both committed an abomination and both shall be put to death.

Granted that doesn't come out and say that God hates gays, but it's a reasonable guess.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Stop

The Bible also says...

... hate the sin, but love the sinner. If you truly believe, you know God's not going to condemn you for finding gay sex disgusting any more than he would for finding broccoli disgusting - so long as you don't hate the gays themselves for doing it. That's proof that God does not hate fags, straight from the lips of Jesus.

(It not being a sin to enjoy broccoli, I'm afraid brassica fans are on their own... you vermin.)

2. El Richard Thomas

Leviticus

I'm glad you brought up the wise words of Leviticus. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev.24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

(Many sources, here's the first one I found: http://dmcr35.blogspot.com/2008/05/this-was-forwarded-to-me-by-my-friend.html)

3. Swarthy
        Headmaster

If you're gonna be literal, be literal

That has nothing to do with homosexuality. For if a mad is gay, he will never lie with a woman, and therefore will never "lie with a man in the way he would with a woman." Even the argument that Bi-sexuality is an abomination is off, if you want to be really precise: for in "laying with a woman" a man puts his penis in her vagina, it is impossible for a man to put his penis into another man's vagina.

13. Bernard M. Orwell
    Flame

@The Gopher

Not AC? I doubt somehow that your mailing address says "Mr. T. Gopher" does it?

You're as AC as the rest of us, don't kid yourself.

Also, just to address your point, WHICH bible are you going to use to justify your particular flavour of prejudice? Just so I know where to look for the passage in the "good book" that tells me who is considered subhuman by your sky-fairy? I mean, I wouldn't want my received-wisdom based hatred to be pointed in the wrong direction now, would I?

For the first time in my adult atheist life, I hope there IS a hell so that WBC can experience it first-hand as they clearly deserve.

1. Toastan Buttar
      Stop

Akshully

Even within mainstream Christianity, it's widely held that the ONLY form of acceptable sexual relations is that between a man and his wife. Anything else is a sin and is implicitly forbidden by God/Jesus. You can have homosexual desires, but may not have sex. Similarly, hetero sex outside of marriage (even when engaged) is just as big a no-no.

I'm not a Christian and don't make or follow the rules, but it's pretty clear from even a 'liberal' reading of the Bible that you cannot be both a practicing gay and a Christian.

Not that I'm defending those evil f***s at WBC in any way whatsoever.

1. Matt Siddall
        Thumb Up

can't be a gay and christian?

Sure you can. Jesus died for our sins - it'd be a bit of a waste if we all stopped sinning - he'd have died for nothing...

Everyone - it's your god-given duty (kinda) to sin as much as you can! Get to work!

14. Tom 38
    Headmaster

Aaah, Christianity

@Killraven

There are some pretty key differences in how men lie with other men, when compared to how men lie with women.

@Toastan Buttar

Sin is not forbidden by the Christians. For example, it is a mortal sin to be greedy, but I'm sure you can go find any number of fat Christians. The problem that lots of Christians have with homosexuality has nothing to do with sin, and a lot to do with prejudice.

1. Killraven

biblical translations

Hey, I was only answering somebody else's question, I'm not preaching it. But you're jabberwocky if you think that particular passage was referring to absolutely anything else besides "have sexual relations with".

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like