back to article Wikileaks hit by second DDoS

Wikileaks was hit by a second denial of service attack on Tuesday. The assault followed attempts to blitz the site off the web on Sunday night in the run-up to the controversial release of hundreds of thousands of US diplomatic cables. The whistleblowing site confirmed the latest attack in an update to its Twitter feed on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ross 7

+1 for the tag line

Reminded me of simpler times :)

Not really getting the whole Wikileaks "thing" this time around I have to admit. Senior Royal says stupid things, China getting fed up with North Korea, would happily trade Americas withdrawal from the region for it's disolution, diplomats say blunt things to their bosses.

I mean, is that news these days? Really? I did like the cartoon the front of the Metro paper today tho - Hilary Clinton : "Embarrassed by leaks? Me? Mrs Bill Clinton?" Says it all really.

I think the only surprising thing we take from this is that someone asked the Americans to bomb an Arab country and they didn't!

1. The Fuzzy Wotnot
      Happy

I don't know...

I actually found the "cables" quite interesting. They show that even people at the top are dull, boring and ultimately human, just like the rest of us working-class schmoes! Some quite witty little remarks in some of the dispatches.

Ignore the hype, dive in and have a read, they are quite fun to read!

2. ratfox
      Stop

What Arab country?

You mean Iran? Tsk, tsk... Iran is not an Arab country (part of the reason an Arab country asked the Americans to bomb it)

3. James O'Shea

muslim, not arab

Iran ain't an Arab country. They're Farsi, not Arabs, and are far superior to Arabs and will tell you so if you ask. (Turks feel the same way. Kurds, too, assuming that the Turks leave any alive.)

4. Kay Burley ate my hamster

Not interesting?

WikiLeaks reveals US Nuclear Weapons in the Netherlands.

2. James Hughes 1

What was the point of the DDOS

All it did was slow it down a bit, and bring in more free advertising for the site.Oh, hold on.......

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Oh, Orgasmic!"

Partially for the article but mainly for the tag line.

4. This post has been deleted by its author

5. Daniel Wilkie

I'll be honest

I'm not a fan of what they're doing now.

A) There's nothing even remotely suprising that anyone with half a brain couldn't figure out themselves (really, the West was worried about terrorists getting nukes from Pakistan? I mean Come ON, talk about stating the obvious)

and of course

B) Diplomatic cables are privileged for a reason, as there's potential there to do a lot of damage and it hurts the entire diplomatic process.

I'm an IT Manager for an engineering company so no vested interest, I just think this time round it will do more harm than good...

6. JaitcH
    WTF?

More than likely a U.S. agency doing what it tells others not to do

The U.S. usually gets all upset and righteous when independent spammers start using dirty tricks against web sites yet all is fine when they use the very same techniques against Wikileaks.

Little wonder that people around the world regard the U.S. with such contempt!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like