back to article Hong Kong monitor maker sues Apple over iPad moniker

A struggling Hong Kong monitor manufacturer has come up with a not-so-novel way to dig itself out of financial trouble: sue Apple. Proview International, according to a report by The People's Daily, registered the iPad trademark outside of China in 2000. One division of the company, Proview Taipei, failed in its attempt to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

buyout

Or they could spend 300k and close the company down....seems easier to me.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

DD?

Having finally arrived at the crux of this article am I the only one who wonders why anyone with DD breasts needs to have their cleavage enhanced?

Finally a story with a real T'IT angle as my Uncle from Harrogate would say!

1. Morpho Devilpepper

Actually...

I think the pad sizes indicate the size that they CREATE, not the size that they improve upon.

There wouldn't be so many efforts to pick holes in Steevus Christ's coat if (a) he weren't such an iPutz about the whole "if I use a word it becomes mine forever" thing, and (b) he weren't richer than God's accountant.

3. JaitcH
    FAIL

Apple's S.O.P. - their Chinese tablet sales will be minimal, anyway

Apple only bought off the earlier users of 'their' product name when they determined such users might have the wherewithal to upset Apple's cart.

Besides with the Chinese stores overflowing with lookalikes of Apple's knock-off, boasting features that would challenge Jobs sensitivities, at prices a fraction of the Apple tablet, prospects for sales of the fruit version are likely minimal at best.

Even the 3D tablets are really improving so that (pirated) copies of Hollywood's answer to piracy look good.

4. Nameless Faceless Computer User
    WTF?

Wait what?

A company in China is suing for trademark infringement? Too funny.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like