back to article Pamela Anderson gets her kit off for Nokia

What a brilliant idea for a competition! Nokia has hired Pamela Anderson and Gossip Girl actor Ed Westwick to appear in The Commuter a short film short shot entirely on the not-quite-launched Nokia N8 - and you can appear in it too. Two roles are up for grabs - one, we guess a guy, who shares bedroom with Pamela and the other …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Si 1
    Paris Hilton

I think Adobe should get some credit too

Pammy wouldn't look that good if it wasn't for Photoshop...

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Photoshop...

...hell I think it took more than photoshop. Polyfilla must of had a look in to.

2. Daniel Evans

Wait

That's meant to count as "good looking"? I thought that was classed as "the failure that is plastic surgery".

3. Stuart 22
      Happy

Ahem

Close your eyes and feel her NOKias ...

4. Mark Jan

And she looks happy as well

Maybe she wouldn't look that happy if it wasn't for the N8 vibrate function as well...

2. Alan W. Rateliff, II
    Paris Hilton

What? ANOTHER UK-only promo??

Where is the love for us Yanks?

Paris, where IS the love?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pammy is well past her prime

presumably this gives her lots of brand synergy with Nokia

4. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

Quite fitting

Quite fitting.. both Nokia and Pamela Anderson are well past their prime.

5. Andus McCoatover

Sorry. Well past "sell-by date".

Er, I mean me, not her.... Oh, and note to Moderatrix - if anyone mentions the 'vibrating alarm' feature, ban them for life immediately.

Oops.........

6. Uwe Dippel
    Paris Hilton

@Si 1

Then, please, why would you put Paris?

Because she would - look that good? Or because she'd join Pamela in ... ?

I really miss your personal inclination here!

Paris, because she looks better on Photoshop. Sure.

7. Christoph
    FAIL

Market speak

-- a sensor "rivalling those found in compact digital cameras"

As I read it, that means "Not quite as good as the sensor in a bottom-of-the-range compact digital camera".

8. Efros

Just has to be

Set to vibrate.

9. Steve Evans

So...

They've already spent more money on advertising the N8 than they did for testing/supporting the N97!

Let's hope they have some left to support the N8!

10. This post has been deleted by its author

11. Deadly_NZ
    WTF?

Old Plastic

To sell new plastic Hmmm go figure...

12. gimbal
    Pint

Of course she's happy

She gets payed to lay on a bed in her undies, with a phone in her hand - and may I suggest, the average punter probably isn't going to be examining her to count her woody rings.

Now, as for whether that photo would make anyone more likely to buy any phones being advertised with as much, I cannot fathom. It looks to me like nothing more than a cover for a cheap skin 'flic. Even that it would be presented in an article about mobile phone marketing, I still cannot fit the two together.

Maybe if they tossed in a free six-pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon, that would up the sales.

Hey, they could even have the signboards play the tune of that Eminem song, W.T.P - now tell me I can't market it better than Nokia? ><

13. Fred Flintstone Gold badge

Enough already

"Enough already: make way for a gratuitous lingerie pic."

And all of that in the section HARDware..

Way to go on the innuendo, grin, well done. As for the phone, Pamela isn't tits-up, and neither is Nokia. They may not do so well at present in the handset market (sorry Nokia, but it DID need a shakeup, this time is was Apple), but they also make all sorts of other mobile kit so they won't die just yet..

Hmm, I do have a killer feature - maybe I ought to give them a ring. From my iPhone, though :-)

14. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Nextweek

Easy

Meatloaf -> Especially from the film Fightclub (boobs bigger than Pammy)

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hey, Nokia...

The 1990's called. They want their celebrity back.

16. Yorkshirepudding
    Jobs Horns

the boat has sailed

well after being a nokia lover for so many years ive decided to jump ship, the n8 just didnt get here in time and im ordering my HTC desire. add to that the fact the 5800 ive had has gone batshit crazy after the last firmware update ive had enough of symbian, ive cut it slack for long enough

1. Hans 1
      Coat

watch the vid

It looks like a commercial for the iPhone ... the features they "promote" look like how it works on an iphone. So they are behind, that is why they hired Pam as well ... good ole days when Nokia was untouchable .... ;-)

17. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

What's the word?

Tacky, desperate... and sexist: why don't we also get video like "In Bed with Eric Bana"?

1. Anonymous Coward
      FAIL

Ed Westwick

"Tacky, desperate... and sexist: why don't we also get video like "In Bed with Eric Bana"?"

We will be getting a steamy elevator scene with Ed Westwick, as written in the story. It's sexist too, but as theres one for each sex they cancel out sexism.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like