back to article Monday Night Combat

“Gnarlacious,” drawls Mickey Cantor, Monday Night Combat's fittingly exaggerated commentator, as he rouses the crowd for another explosive competition. And he's right. Monday Night Combat Noses are red, violence is blue You'd be hard pressed to think of a better superlative. Colourful, frantic and comically OTT, Uber …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Lionel Baden
    Thumb Down

Boooo XBOX !!!

Want this for PC could imagine playing this for hours on end with a steady supply of beer.

Might even break my BF BC2 run ....

1. Martin Lyne

amen

amen

2. cre@mstick360
    Happy

Why don't...

...you just buy an xbox?

1. Lionel Baden
      Coat

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

Seriosuly

Buy an Xbox ..... BWWAAAAAHHHAAHHHAAAHHAAAHAAAA

Wait you are serious !!!!!!

BWWWWAAAAAAHHAAAAAHAAAA

There are various reasons i dont buy an Xbox etc etc

Overpriced,

dislike the controller,

hate the fact the controllers are so shit you need auto aim in every game.

games are over priced,

if i upgrade my hardware I have to reBuy all the games or have a pile of consoles next to my TV

Most multiplayer games are played on crappy p2p protocol which supprts around 8 players

you have to pay for mods made for free on PC

Limited functionality.

graphics are not as good as PC

additional controlers e.g. wheels only work on the 1 console

Do you really want me to go on ?????

Instead of the smiley you should of had the joke icon !!!!

3. Yorkshirepudding
    Gates Horns

WANT

for ps3 plz

4. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

Gah- long ramble

I just had something of a spat with bloody MS and their "axe backs dat cam" (as the horrid nasal recorded phone voice has it) service.

You need XBL Gold (the pay service) to play games online. I bought a 12 month membership last year, to play Battlefield 1943 thingy (which was fairly good fun). However, other than that, I didn't really use it, as ADHD-riddled American teenagers characterising each other as "c*cksucking n*ggers" gets old rather fast.

So, I looked at the web interface, to cancel the auto-renew- the method referred to in the MS help pages. Of course, being tossers, they'd removed the button, to make it impossible to avoid paying, even when you don't want to.

As it happened, my card got skimmed, so I cancelled it anyway. That was the good news, meant that Axe Backs Dat Cam couldn't take any more money. I also phoned up, and cancelled the XBL gold service, dropping down to the free "silver" level (the bloody useless one).

End of story, you might think, but no- multiple times a week, I was getting angy spams from Axe Backs Dat Cam, complaining that they were having trouble charging my cancelled card for a service that was also cancelled.

It took a further couple of hours stuck in queues, getting cut off and speaking to random call centre people (who were, to their credit, unfailingly polite, at least) to get them to admit that there was a problem, and talking to random unnamed supervisors before they could claim to have fixed it.

So far so good, the torrent of angry spams from Axe Backs Dat Cam seem to have eased.

TL;DR summary:

Talking to my brother, they continued to take money from his credit card without permission long after he closed the account- and he had to dispute it with the card issuer to get the money back, and spend a lot of time trying to beat some sense into MS on the phone to make them pack it in, too. Seems, on further examination, that it has happened to lots of people- you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave. Microsoft are adopting the AOL method of trying to make it impossible to cancel, and stealing money anyway, even if you do.

Microsoft is still bloody Microsoft. If you buy a service from them, they will screw and possibly rob you- without even a happy ending.

...and so reminding me that there's a fun game to be had on XBL is annoying, damn you, Reg!

I'd be interested in this rebuilt for PC/Steam, though.. Hell, maybe even PS3, even though most things are noticeably worse on the George Foreman Grill.

1. bluesxman
      WTF?

RE: Gah- long ramble

Just buy the (horribly over-packaged) pre-pay cards from Amazon or similar. It's generally cheaper than paying direct (or near as makes no difference) and there's absolutely no way they can wrest control from you.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like