back to article Malaysian politico gets knighted in Photoshop

A Malaysian politician is facing eviction from his party after faking snaps of himself receiving a knighthood, the Telegraph reports. Wong receives his honour from the Queen Jeffrey Wong Su En, deputy publicity chief for the Democratic Action Party, applied some top-quality Photoshoppery to show he'd been honoured by no less …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. SuperTim

That's a top picture.

Dead realistic and everything!

2. Flugal

tarnished and insulted

he'd "insulted a foreign monarch and members of the Commonwealth countries and tarnished the image of Malaysia".....and the capabilities of Photoshop.

Might work on the (very) visually impaired, or people with no sense of questioning, e.g. religious believers.

3. philbo
    Joke

PNG?

"He insisted the relevant paperwork was in the post from PNG.."

..nah.. looked like a JPG to me

1. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD
      Thumb Up

@philbo

^ this.

4. PerfectBlue

Really?

Is that the actual picture that he had made, or one put together by The Register for a laugh?

If it's his actual picture then it's a pretty poor Photoshop effort, he ought to ask for his money back. I could put together a better picture than that in about 15 minutes, and I'm rubbish with Photoshop.

5. Dan 37
    FAIL

doh!

"Sir" Wong issued a press release detailing his award…”

"This is a personal matter. It has nothing to do with the public, and it is becoming politicised."

6. Simon C
    Thumb Up

May I congratulate

this dipstick for doing something so stupid, it actually made me laugh.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Good News Everyone!

I'm not sure what staggers me most, his audacity or his stupidity.

Combined, they make a powerful weapon.

8. John Lamb
    FAIL

source material

The original pic of Ross Brawn getting his OBE:

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/229671/ross-brawn-collects-obe-from-queen/

Found using TinEye.com, it's good for tracking down this kind of thing!

9. Peter Storm
    Alert

http://www.theregister.co.uk/Design/graphics/icons/comment/alert_32.png

"top-quality Photoshoppery"

Are you kidding?

10. AndyS

letters and/or digits

Wow. And there was me thinking we had some sort of monopoly on stupid politicians in the west at the moment.

11. Basic
    FAIL

LMFAO

He bemoaned: "This is a personal matter. It has nothing to do with the public, and it is becoming politicised."

And of course, it wasn't intended to boost his political standing at all. What a moron.

12. Mark123
    Joke

Thats clearly a fake...

...as he has photoshopped his head over the picture of ME getting my knighthood last year for outstanding services to service delivery and infrastucture management!

Bloody cheek!!

13. C Yates
    FAIL

RE: "This is a personal matter. It has nothing to do with the public..."

Really?

Somehow it didn't seem so personal when he announced it and became an "overnight celebrity", idiot.

14. disgruntled yank

Joint English/Jedi title, perhaps?

OBE Wong Kenobe?

1. I didn't do IT.

Re: Jedi

How Wrong Can He Be?

15. neb
    Pirate

obviously learnt his craft

from his honour the baron of castleshort

http://www.arrse.co.uk/wiki/The_Baron_of_Castleshort

=)

1. Alex Walsh

Cheers

ARRSE has just given me hours of fun :D

16. Mahaguru58

Title Crazy Malaysian Politicians

Doesn't surprise me at all. We have heard of how some of our politicians try to 'buy' themselves a title. The usual title they seek is a 'Datuk'ship. It's our Malaysian equivalent to the 'Sir' knighthood given out by your Queen. Over here in Malaysia, the most prolific title giving Malay States are the Sultanate of Pahang and the State of Melaka. So many of our singers are now 'Datuk's. Courtesy of an artiste friendly Sultan. Even the Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan is now a Dato' courtesy of Melaka. So I guess this DAP politician wanted to be a self appointed Knight of the Wrong Table? :P

17. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Am I the first one to say.......

......that this is wong, so very wong. :-)

Reminds me of the one about Elmer Fudd using the Shanghai Telephone Directory. Turns out he got a whole lot of Wong numbers.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

Jeffery?

Which is it, Jeffery or Jeffrey?

My spell-checker shows Jeffery as a mistake but I don't think it includes Malaysian names, perhaps I should try NHunspell.

@Mahaguru58 , British politicians often try to sell honours, I think a cultural exchange is in order.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like