back to article Apple store flakes after iPhone 4 price reveal

Apple's UK online store crumpled under a mass of fanbois this morning, which may or may not have been related to its opening up for iPhone 4 pre-orders. The site posted pricing details for Steve's latest pocket wonder bar earlier and all seemed well - until the rest of the country piled in to check it out. Earlier this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Fanboi Ahoy....

Got mine, although it took 1h50 to get between the pages..

2. PC1512
    Dead Vulture

Sigh

"Either way, surely even the most hardened fanboi will eventually get fed up of being either manipulated or simply forced to wait to order the phone of this year's dreams."

Or they'll, you know, try again later. Because they're normal.

Hands up who's tired of the Register's relentlessly bitter, self-defeating, reality-distorted and immensely boring coverage of every single iota of anything Apple related? For a company you profess (repeatedly, endlessly, in every preachy opinion piece and snarky comment) to dislike, you really are slavish in your attentions.

I don't know if you've noticed yet, but all the negative coverage you've been heaping on Apple for the last few years hasn't actually hurt Apple. They're doing fine and quite enjoying all the endless free publicity thanks very much. Meanwhile, I've no idea who the Register are anymore, or what point you serve.

1. Paul Naylor
      Thumb Up

Well said sah!

I found some common sense at last!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

not tired of the Register

only of Apple's shiny turds.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Shiney turds

That every other manufacturer is FALLING over themselves to emulate...

1. Mick F
          WTF?

Emulation

Is that why Apple are being investigated by the ITC for copying HTC? iPhone's are yesterdays jam.

3. Anonymous Coward
      Boffin

Comments numbers are well down

and certainly not as witty or intelligent as they were previously were.

I blame myself for posting this comment

4. Parsifal
      Grenade

Well.......

You could always go to a Pro-Apple site where you will never see anyone Blaspheming against the great and mighty jobs.

Of course since the majority of Articles of the Reg don't involve Apple you could always not read them, complaining about people who have a different view/opinion that you is pretty Hypocritical.

I don't think the point of any of these articles is to hurt apple, if you don't understand satire then perhaps you shouldn't be reading the Reg anyway.

1. PC1512
        Thumb Down

@Parsifal

"Of course since the majority of Articles of the Reg don't involve Apple"

How sure of that are you? Honestly?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

While you wait...

..you can order your matching handbags.

4. bitten
    Heart

The fanboi courant

I missed this one, as a fanboi there is no better place than el reg to stay informed.

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Carefully scriped hype machine.

Nintendo all over again.

"it's so good, the website crashed because so many people wanted it"...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Surely

Surely His Jobsness wouldn't actually make a website look like it was dying under the strain just to hook in morons? Oh Wait...

AC as I left my flame suit at home today

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Still taking reservations

The reserve and pickup service is still working: http://reserve.apple.com/WebObjects/ProductReservation.woa/wa/reserveProduct?lang=en&country=GB.

I also suspect the store may be down to update it with tariff details as the networks look set to announce them.

8. Richard 81

Education store

Earlier today I could access the usual UK store, but the education store was a no-go.

Not that I was interested in the iPhone 4. I was looking at the price difference of the Mac Mini.

9. adrianww
    WTF?

Was it just me?

Or was the whole Apple site on a go-slow for most of the last 72 hours (well, up until last night anyway)? In particular, images.apple.com didn't seem to be there and everything was held up as a result. Or if it was there it wasn't actually talking to anyone, presumably preferring to sulk in some basement somewhere.

10. paulf
    WTF?

Don't believe the hype

"Whether this is all part of Apple's cunning plan to pump up the hype around the launch or simply an inability to scale up for demand peaks is open to debate."

A cunning plan that might just be working and getting perhaps another article about the J-Phone in El Reg?

11. Neil 13

El Jobso

Honestly, what is it with people's obsession about taking down Jobs and acting like Apple killed your dog? He's a tyrant, sure, but he's also revolutionized two and soon to be three industries. And the market has reflected that. He's got what people want, and they want to buy it. You feel differently. Apple isn't insulting you. (Google isn't liberating you, either — just try using non-Google products on your Incredible.)  But this is how the market works. People have a choice—you made yours, great. Now shut up about it.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"try using non-Google products on your Incredible"

You obviously have no idea!

At least you can install Android on the iFail now - has to double it's worth.

1. Sean Timarco Baggaley
        Stop

Sour grapes, much?

"iFail"? Seriously? I don't think "fail" means what you seem to think it means.

Most companies would *kill* to have products they made "fail" as successfully as Apple's have.

I suspect the word you're looking for is "envy".

Grow up.

2. NightFox
        WTF?

Ho ho ho

iFail? Oh yes, I see what you mean - what a marketing flop the iPhone has been. iPhone 4? Won't they ever learn? Cut your losses Steve!

I bet you're one of those witty people who writes Microsoft with $ signs aren't you?

12. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

even better with AT&T

Their iPhone 4G page crashes Firefox 3.6.3 w/noscript/adblock+....I guess I won't be buying one.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like