back to article Twitter fights subpoena to out critical Tweeters

Twitter is resisting a legal demand that it unmask two users who posted comments critical of Pennsylvania's top law enforcement official. The grand jury subpoena issued early this month by Pennsylvania Attorney General Tom Corbett ordered the microblogging site to reveal the identities of @casablancapa and @bfbarbie, according …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Walking Turtle
    Happy

Well, aw-REET.

I for one have distrusted all manner of Social Networking sites from the start. Saw the real potential for Orwell-grade Police State dataminimg and related abuses and No Paranoia Necessary on that one. Now FaceBookInternational (so letter that out as-indicated) is evidently gone all the way that way and I dunno' 'bout the MySpace operation a-tall - but evidently Twitter's got/grown/bought some proper cojones after all. (You go, Kid!)

{ Tweet } Cup protector...? { /Tweet }

But why seek further? All the best friends I never met elsewhere (and a couple well-met ones too) post on El Reg anywho.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oath of Office Breakers, Termites

Yet another oath of office breaking official, maliciously using office to trample people's Constitutional rights and using state secrets to mask /hide his crimes. It's just another termite the American voters (if they can ever outlaw electronic vote tabulation devices) can toss out along with all the other AIPAC, CFR, TC, UN/UNEP/MF, NWO, banksters and oath breakers.

These termites must be flushed from the system.

They want to spy on you and ruin you, while masked behind an official office, sticking state secrets where needed, to never be held accountable themselves.

3. James Woods

gotta take twitters side on this one

Pennsylvania? Ha,

Pennsylvania had the most corrupt congressman in all of history John Murtha reigning his part of the state for years.

Good for twitter.

Pennsylvania is broke, the state police now exist to be traffic cops, some cities are faced with bankruptcy, roads are broken, rendell has been trying to sell off infrastructure to spain for years.

4. James O'Brien
    Big Brother

Hmm Pennsylvania

isnt this the same state that wanted to have people who were in high school and sent questionable pictures of themselves around to get counselling or risk being labeled a sex offender for life? Can we get an update on other locations that the law of the f1st amendment was upheld because Im not going to look through google for all the information I and im sure that Penn. isnt one of them.

/Nazi choice because it seems thats what Pennsylvania is at times.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pennsylvania

...is also the state where a couple of judges were in cahoots with private operators of juvenile detention centers - sending them many "clients."

Also the state with the district (Lower Merion) that snapped photos of kids in their homes with the cams on their school-issued computers.

Wonderful state.

This topic is closed for new posts.