back to article Microsoft to hook Facebook game maker?

Microsoft's interest in social networks could see the company buy Facebook games company CrowdStar. In a report with more hedging than Hampton Court's maze, Bloomberg said a deal "may" be weeks away and that venture funded CrowdStar "might" choose to remain independent. CrowdStar, maker of the Happy Aquarium game, "may" be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. yoinkster
    Gates Halo

dkfjyh

zynga games are crap, buggy and support from the company is non-existant ... wait, that sounds familiar somehow ...

1. Marty
      Alert

zynga....

Zynga may be all what you say it is, but the fact is, the games are free... so what can you expect for free?

The games also have a little get out clause regarding the bugs... right below the title is a little "beta" sub title.... so again, what can you expect from a beta game? report the bugs and get on with it....

there are more important issues with Zynga than the crappy games. Take a look at the background of the company. The head honcho was bragging a while back at its companies method of growth... money by any means necessary. once they had your contact details, you ended up on every spam list in the world and worse... people buying "game money" and never getting it...additional monies extracted from accounts...

The company is supposed to be cleaning its act up. but while they are pimping browser plug-ins and harassing you to sign up for email alerts, making some items only available from there own website away from facebook.... i doubt they have changed much!.

http://techcrunch.com/2009/11/02/scamville-zynga-says-13-of-revenue-comes-from-lead-gen-and-other-offers/

1. yoinkster

well,

You sort of disagree and then explain why what I said is correct?

I don't agree with you that the games are free, they desperately try to con you out of your cash by, as you say, only allowing you the best items if you pay real money for them. Had the games been different for non-paying and paying users you may have had a point but the fact remains that their games are not developed enough yet. That's why they shove beta on it, but remarkably they can still fleece money off some (stupid) people.

The issue with zynga is most definitely that their games are buggy. They are a GAMES COMPANY after all. If their games worked as you expect all the time then I wouldn't condemn people quite so quickly that have parted with cash for those special items as you'd get away with saying "it's a decent game, why shouldn't the developers get some cash" but right now, thier games are awful and they don't deserve any money. My hate for zynga comes from their constant harassment for you to give them real cash and to spam your homepage/wall with shit constantly trying to raise the awarenes of their games to all your friends.

They are a parasitical company and I hope they crash and burn. Then maybe someone can pick up their games and fix them up to a decent standard. That would be nice,

2. David Hicklin Bronze badge

Re:zynga

Well the games mat be buggy and opinions of the company low, but as has been said they are free and are FUN to play.

Gotta run, crops need harvesting...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why?

If they are such a big deal on Facebook, perhaps Microsoft just wants to snap them up and stop them doing Facebook games (whether or not they're going to do anything for MySpace etc.). Get 'em out of the way.

3. Eddy Ito
    Badgers

I can see it now

MS Office Online now includes Happy Clippy that you can throw and play fetch with Happy Dog (or spot, rover, whatever its name is).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like