back to article Koenigsegg e-sportster moves closer to reality

When Register Hardware first clapped eyes on the Koenigsegg Quant leccy hyper-car back in March, we never thought the vehicle would see the light of day. Yes it will, a company mole has insisted. Konigsegg Quant Limited Quant production will start soon, a Konigsegg mole's claimed The insider told Swedish website Realtid …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Alex Walsh

Experience

Yes, GM had a 100 years of experience at pumping out cars and look where that got them. I wonder how much leaning on occurred from the Swedish government...

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

As Cool as Ice and as Deep as a Fjord.

"But cynics will, of course, point out that Koenigsegg’s CEO, 36-year-old Christian von Koenigsegg, has no experience of owning or running a firm as large as Saab, which last year pumped out over 93,000 vehicles, compared to... er... 18 from Koenigsegg."

And supporters will not point out that such experience is only for muppets and puppet adventures and has no place in an Innovative Space Studio, which is what Koenigsegg is all about.

3. Jan 7
    Coat

Not exactly a beauty.

I´ve seen nicer cars. otoh, I actually like the design of the Saab 9-5 station wagon, so YMMV.

btw: 9-5sw are currently available on 40 to 50% discount, i.e 25kEur for the 2.3Turbo. So if anyone needs "a hardtop with a decent engine and [make sure it's got] a big trunk..."

That there is one damn fine coat you're wearin'.

4. Mr Larrington
    Paris Hilton

Meh!

Another pointless electric "sports" car.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Saab...

I really want the Koennigsegg / Saab company to succeed. If only to show the rest of the world there's an alternative to the MBA style school of management mergers and acquisition. Someone with talent, skill and very, veryt high production values can work too.

Saab has great products ready for launch, now it's escaped from GM it could see again the respect it earned with the 900 Turbo.

6. fifi

owning not running.

Koenigsegegegeg might well own Saab, but I doubt very much that he'll sack the management and run it himself. At that level, you trust your management team to keep the business running and profitable, so his own direct experience isn't that relevant.

7. Martin Lyne

Finally..

an affordable e-car!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Does anyone else...

...think the top photo looks like a Klingon's inkjet printer?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Koenigsaab FTW

Here's hoping that they throw away the crappy new GM SAAB 9-3 and produce a decent car that fills the niche that the old SAAB 900 used to. Bring back the hatch-back and toss the saloon version (isn't that what the 9-5 was supposed to be, the saloon version??!)

10. Stu
    Alert

Lets not kid ourselves...

...sure it'll make it into the households of your average man by hanging on your wall as a picture poster, maybe even the odd die-cast model or RC toy, but its obvious its only for your average David Beckham type, or whichever lads are doing the pretty boy sportsman / fashion model / TV personality rounds right now.

Lets see now - two-hundred-grand minimum I reckon, despite costing, maybe ten to twenty grand in parts and labour to build.

They've got to recoup those development costs, and the private jets from somewhere.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bail Out

The Sweedish Government would only bail out saab if it were sweedish owned. hence the (Perhaps 1 Kr???) Sale to sweedish car maker Koenigsegg.. as to how many shares they will own once the government states the bailout remains to be seen...

as for running the company Saab does that not Koenigsegg, they get the management in the sale too!

Its just a name for bailout purposes.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

'fast saloons for dentists and lawyers.'

You left out architects.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@Mike Richards

you left out doctors.

14. CC
    Thumb Up

Just do it

Only one way to see if he has the balls, just dive in and do it...I suspect he'll do just fine when compared to the American Idiot car companies (now government owned).

15. Pete James

@ H dotNET

You left out students.

Well, I owned one when I was a parasite.

Oh, for the life once again of student grants, fast women and loose cars ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.