back to article Revealed: Full specs on SEAL Team Six multimedia setup

Updated to Add This piece from 2009 seemed worth presenting again given the now worldwide fame achieved by the Naval Special Warfare Development Group (aka SEAL Team Six) following the killing of Osama bin Laden. The lavish multimedia/computer briefing rig described below will surely have been used in planning Operation Neptune …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul Murphy
    Paris Hilton

Umm

>it will definitely not be used for watching ...important sports events

Is there any sports event that is important? interesting possibly, but hardly important.

PH on the other hand would benefit from large screens and a good sound system...

ttfn

2. Ian Ferguson
    Stop

Liberal media scum

You shouldn't be publishing this kind of information on the construction of critical American military headquarters, you are giving information directly to terrorists! As we all know, file-sharers and scum of that kind frequent this site.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bit disappointed

Hollywood has led me to believe that America's finest would settle for nothing less than Ken Adams inspired bunkers with wall displays and touch-screen tables; not something from Dixons.

I just hope they get some of those electric jetskis.

4. amanfromMars Silver badge

El Reg XXXXCells

"We here on the Reg special-warfare and home cinema desk did meet some US Navy SEALs once, but a good deal of beer was consumed and nothing newsworthy was remembered the next day."

The sure sign of a perfect meeting of like-minded souls, Lewis. :-) .... in any country/language.

5. Tvs
    Gates Horns

Disgraceful

"Hollywood has led me to believe that America's finest would settle for nothing less than Ken Adams inspired bunkers with wall displays and touch-screen tables; not something from Dixons.

I just hope they get some of those electric jetskis."

Here here!!!

www.digitaldirect.co.uk/panasonic/tx-p42g10b.html

6. Charles Tsang
    Thumb Up

DEVGRU are NCIS LA wannabes

Heh, having seen the pilot for the NCIS LA, that sounds pretty similar to their setup. Except NCIS has gone for the surface UI albeit in a more Tom Cruise Minority Report style interface using gloves. It was pretty slick. And they were savvy enough to lose the ludicrous glass "floppy disk" scene.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Get better sources

Inside the EULA of nearly all Apple products includes the clause "...this product must not be used for the mking of chemical, biological or nuclear weapons...." has caused Apple to lose all sales with the DoD, DOE and various research institutions. So either the SEALs are breaking contracts (try arguing with a man that can take down a bear wiht his bare hands that he has broken the law) or this all a load of bunk.

While I would definately pay to see a SEAL acquaint a lwaer with his own buttocks, I am sure it would be the second option.

8. Aaron

Well, look at it like this...

"The frogman-commandos apparently hit all three men in the head with simultaneous single shots fired from the deck of a US destroyer nearby, having earlier arrived on the scene by parachuting into the sea."

Are *you* going to tell them they can't have their home theater?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

cross reference...

Isn't a major IT news website running some stories at the moment about how the iPhone is to be put into service in Afganistan by the US military.... oh yeah it was el Reg... maybe joined up IT thinking outside of the IT dept is such a novel concept that no-one here can grasp it.

10. Tam Lin

Movies?

I suspect they ARE actually paid to watch gems with american hero icons like Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Chuck Norris and John Wayne. Anti-american brainfood from directors like Ingmar or Akira would be prohibited.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Get better sources -- Yes you should

Regarding any EULA from any vendor:

The Department of Defense is not constrained by such agreements.

Have a nice day

12. Mark

Special Farces

"It is generally thought, for instance, that it was DevGru snipers who killed three Somali pirates standing next to a captive US merchant skipper in a small lifeboat last month. The frogman-commandos apparently hit all three men in the head with simultaneous single shots fired from the deck of a US destroyer nearby, having earlier arrived on the scene by parachuting into the sea."

News articles reported the lifeboat was pulled to within 40m of the ship. Whilst a rolling sea would add difficulty, I'd wager most run of the mill (so to speak) snipers would make the shot from 40m. If they're that elite at least quote something a touch more fitting that they've achieved. No Iranian hostage campaigns either.

13. Noel Bourke
    Joke

DevGru

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a DevGru.

...it's like a grue only tier 2!

14. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

argh...

Noel beat me to it :(

This topic is closed for new posts.