back to article Accenture switches tax havens

Accenture, the outsourcing giant, is switching its accounting base from Bermuda to Ireland, amid growing policial hostility towards tax havens and tax avoidance. Announcing the move on Tuesday, Accenture said it does not expect any impact on its financial results or tax treatment. Accenture chairman William Green said: "A …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge

Sweeping the Troubles away .......

Now that could be classed as Quite a Coup for the Irish ...... and something to InterNetionalists to Build Upon.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Really?

Maybe that'll help keep down the predicted 20% unemployed rate expected by the end of 2009...

A tombstone coz that's the way ireland's economy is headed.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ireland?

They're still avoiding a fuckload of corporation tax then. Scumbags.

In other tax avoision news (it is a word, look it up) has Bliers been booted out yet?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Plus ça change...

This won't make one iota of a difference, as Indenture is and has always really been run out of Chicago. I used to work for them (and now have the Powerpoint skills to prove it!) back in the days when you got sent to St Charles for some brainwashing immediately after starting.

I don't know if they still do it (any current ACN employees care to comment, or is it all done via MyLearning these days?) but they should build an equivalent to St Chuck somewhere in Ireland. There are plenty of pubs there that would put the Cadillac Ranch to shame.

Mine's the one with the old Bigtime Consulting comic strips in the pocket.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

hmm - that's not what they used to say

As an ex employee, I remember them suggesting that it was maintained there so as not to favour a key client state - poor excuse.

Now, one interesting thing this might do is encourage greater shareholder turnout at the AGM. I remember reading the notes of one AGM that was attended by just 20 people - all senior board members. If they host it in Dublin, i'm going. Could get interesting....

Paris 'cause she knows a good powerpoint when she sees one.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@Plus ça change...

Yes they still run the 'school' or as you more correctly identified it, the brain washing facility out at St Charles. They still had out that tome of a corporate history which you are expected to make your bible (or a handy stepladder).

They say this move isn't going to hurt their bottom line, but that's probably got more to do with the huge round of layoffs they are making right now. The killing fields etc

All aboard the Titantic 2, sailing from Bermuda to Ireland.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@Plus ça change...

Maybe I should have said Mary Celeste, in place of Titanic, seems more appropriate.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like