back to article Gmail phishing attack hits on heels of outage

Gmail users, still swooning from the extended outage on Tuesday, were hit with a widespread phishing attack hours after the blackout. The malicious message spread via the Google Talk instant messaging chat system, urging users to a video by clicking on a link connected via the TinyURL service. The link points to a website …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Pink Duck
    Joke

Different Passwords?

Re: "the importance of using different passwords for multiple online accounts"

We're talking here about the same people that entered their username and password in a link sent to them via IM. Good luck getting them to use site-specific passwords or to do anything security-wise for that matter.

2. James Dunmore
    Stop

If you fell for it, you deserve everything coming to you

If a bugler asked for your door keys, would you give them to them!? Do you leave your wallet on tables cafes with a 10ft high sign saying "first come, first serve", etc.!?

What will it take for people to realise!? They were already logged into gTalk FFS, and what was so great about that video that they just had to click it. Grrr !

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Epic "I-Told-You-So"

HAH! SEE! I *knew* it! This is exactly what I said would happen in my comment on yesterday's story about the outage, entitled "CHRIS 11:49GMT YHBT".

*does the neener-neener dance*

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Crappest attack ever.

That's right, I said crappest. What?

Hey, click on this link from nowhere that points to a domain name that doesn't mean anything, which redirects to a domain name that you've never heard of and type in your gmail details, which may or may not be useful to someone.

bleh.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@ James Dunmore

"If a bugler asked for your door keys, would you give them to them!?"

It depends how well he played for me.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Re: If you fell for it, you deserve everything coming to you

"If a bugler asked for your door keys"

If I had no earplugs - I would give them straight away!

Think you mean "burglar"

(yes, BURGLERS burgle HOUSES as opposed to ROBBERS who rob PEOPLE - none of this "their house was robbed" nonsense here please)

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@@Re: If you fell for it, you deserve everything coming to you

>(yes, BURGLERS burgle HOUSES as opposed to ROBBERS who rob PEOPLE - none of this "their house was robbed" nonsense here please)

My house was robbed once. By a couple of sheds and a chavvy little bungalow with a knife.

That's what it gets for hanging around in a dodgy part of town.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@@Re: If you fell for it, you deserve everything coming to you

HahHa very funny. Wait till I set my 3bed terrace on your house...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@AC re: @James Dunmore

I LOL'd.

10. James Dunmore

Whoops, great typo by me there!

if you can't laugh at yourself.... hehee.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@@@Re: If you fell for it, you deserve everything coming to you

>"Wait till I set my 3bed terrace on your house..."

BRING IT! My house's big brother is a fucking MANSION and it's going to kick your 3bed terrace's ... erm... sewage outlet?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

SecureID Anyone

Sounds like they need to implement a more strongly authenticated version of this "free" service.

Might sell well in these economic times.

13. Aram

And for the Septics...

Do you see? There is no such word as "burglerize" as in "my house was burglerized last night."

I, for one, oppose the Amerificationalisation of our beautiful language. Gawd bless the Queen, etc.

14. BioTube

@Aram

Burglerificationated?

Bebugled?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like