back to article Czech yourself, Russia! Prague says its foreign ministry was hacked for more than a year

The Czech Republic says that Russian government hackers were intercepting and snooping on communications for one of its agencies for more than a year. An annual report from the Czech Security Information Service (BIS) covering the 2017 calendar year disclosed how, in the early months of the year, it uncovered a massive network …

1. Sureo

"Report claims that from 2016-2017 the FSB was reading agency's emails"

The sorry taxpayers foot the bill for these incompetent clowns. This applies to my country too.

1. Mark 85

Re: "Report claims that from 2016-2017 the FSB was reading agency's emails"

The sorry taxpayers foot the bill for these incompetent clowns. This applies to my every country too.

It's not just your country,.

2. Chris G

I love the indignation that accompanies these revelations, when a lot of thr responsibility is is down to poor security practices and training in addition to the fact that most governments are doing or at least are trying todo the same thing.

When successful, hacking other countries must be the best value for money intelligence gathering there is

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

"when a lot of thr responsibility is is down to poor security practices"

They security practices may not have necessarily been poor - when you're against a determined and experienced foe, even best practices may not be enough. And there's always the human factor...

Creating an NSA (or any TLA) proof workplace / network would be pretty difficult to guarantee. Should I aim for TEMPEST Level A standards? Are seismographs too paranoid solution detect tunneling in? X-Ray everyone and everything going in/out the building? Board up all windows?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like