back to article Symantec comes out in swinging in bitter legal battle over security bug audit conspiracy claims

Symantec says the biz that accused it of conspiring with others to avoid independent security audits is "less than honest" and driven by a "thirst for profits." "This is, at bottom, a case where one company’s thirst for profits has led it to brush aside the needs of its customers for more accurate testing of their computer …

1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    Unhappy

No Angels here

I find it difficult to find sympathy for any of them. Maybe NSS is just a little bit further along the extortion road, but that's about it.

1. A.P. Veening Silver badge

Re: No Angels here

A curse on both houses.

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

If you say that private tests are private, you don't turn around and publish them

There's a minimum of decency that is supposed to exist between the people who agree to something and that is to stick to what was agreed.

Anybody tries ignoring any part of an agreement with me is going to find a closed door the next time they come knocking.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: If you say that private tests are private, you don't turn around and publish them

I typically agree with you, but it's hard to know sometimes if "a minimum of decency" between two parties isn't really "a minimum of corruption". If you want something hidden for corrupt reasons, and I want something exposed for corrupt reasons... well? As stated above, no sympathy for either might be the best default here.

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Marty McFly Silver badge
    FAIL

NSS is flawed....

The business model doesn't work when "independent" along with "but you can pay us" are both go-to-market strategies.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anti-virus only marginally better than a virus

...as I sit and watch the circle spin,

waiting for the PC to respond,

I wonder why

I ever installed

the Anti-Virus ....

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like