back to article Azure MFA falls over, Windows 10 struggles with Intel drivers, and Microsoft gives us... more Sticky Notes?

Well done, Squirrels, you've won the wobbly software badge. Now, what else did you get up to last week? It's oh so Sticky The tanks of Microsoft's Sticky Notes app appear to be sidling up to the lawns of OneNote with Redmond's Jen Gentleman teasing Windows Insiders with the prospect of images in the Post-It emulator. What say …

1. Serg
    Go

Massive kudos...

...for the "Hey Duggee" reference! It's hard, this being a parent thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xz2QpOFjio

1. Andy Mac
      Pint

Re: Massive kudos...

Are you kidding? I watch Hey Duggee without my kids!

2. My other car WAS an IAV Stryker
      Facepalm

Re: Massive kudos...

I'm groaning that I recognized it in the RSS feed. I then wondered if there was a Bootnote to explain it to the others and only clicked the article to find out. Glad I'm not the only one to notice.

2. Michael Habel
    Paris Hilton

Sticky Notes?!

Well HEee-LL-Ooooo Windows Vista! / 7! So are these even better Postits* that have been around since what 2006 now?

*Somehow I feel that this the only Icon thats appropriate here ====>

3. Michael Habel

The user interface has been steadily tweaked by Microsoft engineers, although sadly not to the point where one could recreate the old Windows Phone experience with it.

And, this is a bad thing how again?! There have been fewer things as ugly as the Modern Windows (MetroUI), and, even fewer by any reliable sources to have ever been spoted in the wild. If as I susspect you find yourself to be in some disagreement, ask yourselves why Android, and Apple 'won', while WinPho lost out bigtime post 8, and 10 sometime....

There are those out there that will bitch on ablout the "Ribbon", lord knows I'm one. But, the Live Tiles from Windows 8 & 10, was just taking the pi55 m8.

4. Prst. V.Jeltz Silver badge

screw your sticky notes , fix my calc.exe!

It opens up then immediately closes it for some reason :(

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

" [...] with students making contributions in the form of notes, images or sketches through their own devices on one shared canvas."

Bored schoolboy (girl?) NSFW doodles are legendary - in the margins of exercise books or carved into desks.

6. Bobby Omelette

The main benefit of 'real world' sticky notes for me is that I can stick them around my screen(s), rather than cover it.

On-screen sticky notes are something I'll just end up pushing to the back and forgetting about.

7. thondwe

OneNote + Sticky Notes + WhiteBoard

Still don't get it!

OneNote "Quick Notes" = Sticky notes?

OneNote "Full Page View" = Whiteboard?

Am off to develop a new circular rolling thing for my bicycle...

8. Dan 55 Silver badge

Unless Sticky Notes can go on the login screen...

... they can't replace Post-It Notes.

(Please don't suggest that to them, MS are probably mad enough to try these days.)

9. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"The vision has an educator running an interactive lesson on a large display [..]"

I envision that that vision will be crudely interrupted by Windows Update asking if you want to reboot Now, or Now ?

10. Andrew Barr

So now our users can put their passwords on postit notes with out leaving a residue on the actual monitors!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

As I have explained to the admin multiple times

a password that is 16 random characters, including numbers and symbols, that can only be recovered from a site that takes 7 minutes to load and resets every day AND is critical to my work is saved on the desktop. Yet, they are surprised every time.

AC cause the admin is snooping

1. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Re: As I have explained to the admin multiple times

Workaround: carve the password into your desk, cover it with a -blank- post-it to avoid suspicion and spying.

11. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Chalk beatification

One or more of my school teachers, when called on by students to clarify their on-board analogue spelling of "Evocutionacy Ricosy", would write a correction in superscript capitals, "EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY", then carry on where their flog had seen internuptial. Can we hype that hhe new Writeboand hill se squally uersatiasble?

Actually I don't think I got much about Revolutionary Biopsy at the fear odd plane, that was olny an ittustrative pasta the.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like