back to article Come buy our kick-aaS products! Pretty please, says HPE boss man Neri

HPE chief exec Antonio Neri reckons what the corporate world really wants is to have a nice cloud "experience," which is an interesting way of saying "please, please, buy our cloud-as-a-service". In a mostly unremarkable keynote speech at this week's HPE Discover knees-up in Madrid, Neri informed attendees that his firm is " …

1. Mayday
    Stop

"please, please, buy our cloud-as-a-service".

Interesting trying to run such an event (albeit on different continents) the same time as the AWS show.

Personally I'd go to neither, but that's just me.

2. Youngone Silver badge

Customers

"Customers really like consumption-based pricing," he said. "You can have a cloud experience in private cloud, public cloud. What our customers want is that cloud-like experience with consumption-based pricing, with security, with financial visibility and transparency.

I'm not sure they do, but then I wouldn't expect anyone from HPO to really know what their customers want.

1. RollTide14

Re: Customers

No, Wall Street really loves consumption models. If all customers loved consumption models then something like Reserved Instances wouldn’t exist

1. cs9
        FAIL

"Wall Street really loves consumption models. If all customers loved consumption models then something like Reserved Instances wouldn’t exist"

A bit like responding to the statement of "consumers love shoes" with saying "No! Wall street loves shoes! If consumers loved shoes, something like gloves wouldn't exist!"

2. Stress-tester-of-IT
      Trollface

"Customers really like consumption-based pricing,"

Customers "might" like it when it actually saves them money. HP likes it when it doesn't, and it likely won't. FTFY

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like