back to article Mi 8 Pro: Xiaomi early buyers wait for modern firmware

Prospective phone buyers may want to wait before plumping for a new Xiaomi. The newcomer’s flagship ships with MUIU 9 firmware, which is stuck on 2017’s Android Oreo. Up-to-date global firmware, MIUI 10, isn’t yet ready for the UK yet - although Xiaomi told us it will be forthcoming soon. “The Mi 8 Pro still runs on firmware …

1. WibbleMe

Are those pants in the picture design by women or Eunuch there is absolutely no where to put your man things, what happened to keeping nice and cool and stopping infertility and testicle cancer. What do they ask the models to do on the catwalk when wearing them, digest their balls?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Eh? Do you need to adjust the gamma on your monitor? The pants appear to be lit from below, and the highlights and shadows do suggest a bulge.

1. WibbleMe

Clearly Dave, your a little finger

2. Dave 126 Silver badge

The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 had design input from Phillipe Starck. His other IT related commissions include a mouse for Microsoft and bits of a yacht interior for sone bloke called Steve Jobs.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Big Brother

Does it come...

With all the mandatory Chinese spyware ?

Because I don't want to upset my social credit score...

4. PerlyKing
    WTF?

Which web site?

That's the older (I think) xiaomi-mi.co.uk where you can't buy stuff, and then there's mobile.mi.com/uk where you can.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Are you making out the phones are useless without the update??

Shame on you.

I've been using MIUI since version 4, and wouldnt swap for any Samsung or Apple bloatware, although the recent google bloatware and lockdown of the phones firmware is a PITA.

6. John Doe 6

Mi 8

...isn't that a Sovjet helicopter ???

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like