back to article Arm kit vendors snuggle up around the Windows 10 Autumnwatch bonfire awaiting supported OS

Windows 10 Autumnwatch continued this week as licences got tossed on the bonfire and then hastily retrieved while Santa’s elves wondered what to install on their Arm laptops. Arm in Arm, we wait for Windows Joining the Windows 10 Autumnwatch in the hope of catching sight of the elusive operating system are vendors of Arm-based …

1. Teiwaz

unkind?

An unkind person might suggest the Windows team should do the same.

'Some kind people' should lead the windows team away to be looked after somewhere they can't harm themselves with something sharp or bang their heads on a blunt windows.

1. Robert Helpmann??
      Childcatcher

Re: unkind?

To edit for clarity, "'Some kind people' should 1) lead the windows team away to be looked after somewhere they can't harm themselves with something sharp or 2) bang their (the windows team) heads on a blunt windows[ill]." I choose Option 2.

1. onefang
        Coat

Re: unkind?

"bang their (the windows team) heads on a blunt windows"

Might be more productive to have them smoke a blunt, then go head banging at the local mosh pit. It couldn't be worse than what they do now.

2. JohnFen

License issues

"The experience may have made some consider alternatives that do not need Microsoft's licensing infrastructure to tell them what they have bought"

It's been 20 years since I stopped using Windows on my personal machines, and licensing was one of the reasons why. Not the biggest reason (that was that a Windows malfunction caused me major data loss), but it certainly was a big factor.

I have never regretted that decision, and the decisions Microsoft has made about Windows since them continues to make me ecstatic about dropping it.

1. Tom Chiverton 1

Re: License issues

How does a cock up on "a" single machine cause "major data loss"?

me thinks you just leant backups are worthwhile...

3. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

Activation server(s) = Achilles heel of all things Microsoft. Corrupt it and Microsoft products dies. :)

4. JLV

>ReactOS purports to seamlessly run Windows apps and drivers in an open-source environment.

Wondering what the asinine decision to support API copyrighting in the Oracle vs Google Android case could mean for this type of endeavor in the future? This is why the Supremes need to nuke that from orbit asap.

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
      Meh

"Wondering what the asinine decision to support API copyrighting in the Oracle vs Google Android case could mean for this type of endeavor in the future?"

In this case it is more like COPYRIGHT vs ANTI-TRUST. "They" will determine which one is MORE important to "the political donor class", and politicians' back pockets, so grab your popcorn, and enjoy the CORRUPTION.

In a *SANE* world, an API could NOT be copyrighted. It would be like copyrighting the English language.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like