back to article Exiting DWP digital boss Mayank Prakash switches to energy biz Centrica

Departing digital boss at the UK's Department for Work and Pensions Mayank Prakash is moving to energy giant Centrica. As The Register revealed, he handed in his notice in September, and will step down as chief digital and information officer at the department at Christmas. Prakash has this week announced where he is moving …

1. Wolfclaw

DWP failure rewarded with big pay packet at private sector !

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

But why?

I really can't understand Centrica choosing to recruit staff who have been sheep-dipped in the DWP special sauce, lovingly prepared by the civil service from ingredients including failure, sloth, denial, stupidity, fiscal incontinence, and a total and utter lack of customer focus.

2. Refugee from Windows

More thinking rat, sinking ship etc. I've worked for a company whose high profile boss left before the big changes were actually implemented - they never happenned - and it finally sold out to another company.

Maybe he knows it's a failure, best to get out before everyone else realises this.

2. deive

Yet another revolving door....

3. Missing Semicolon Silver badge
    FAIL

£99M

Is that F'n all?

How much has the IT cost so far?

Bah!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

CTO of the year

I worked under this chap at DWP. He came to Stockport and did a tour of every floor. He told us to think bigger, push for delivery and hire more staff to half our proposed timescales. He told us not to worry, approval for new spending would not be a problem.

4 weeks later, he announces a £200 Million mid term projected overspend and cancels circa 80% of in flight projects and culls 400 contractors. He had the audacity to tell us that it was his plan all along.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon