back to article Telstra Health to keep troubled Aussie cancer database contract

A rushed federal government decision to pull cancer screening registers out of the nonprofits that used to run them may finally draw to a close at the end of next year. In the midst of electioneering in 2016, Malcolm Turnbull's government decided Telstra's newly-formed healthcare business was the ideal bidder to take over the …

1. Denarius
    FAIL

As usual, suspect brown paper bags

The techno-utopians and believers in Big Corp have such power in persuading or getting the MPs to toe the party line in Oz one does wonder if the utopians/political advisors and the party machine funders are being paid to push big Corp providers to replace smaller organisations that give a stuff about what they do. Given Telstra cant even keep their mobile service reliable 60 KM from national crapital this month, suggests not giving them any further tax payer money until basic competence in core business is demonstrated over a significant time. Significant time being defined as 5 years and two CEOs, whichever is longer.

2. onefang

Every five years the government asks me to give them shit, er I mean sends me a bowel cancer screening kit. Anybody that has been paying attention to my commentarding knows that I do that all the time here, no need to ask. So now in future Telstra will be asking me to give them shit. I could easily do that here to.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon