back to article Amazon Prime Music turns the volume down a little too much

In a reminder of a golden age when we still had physical media, Amazon Music decided to pop on its headphones and chill out to some Harold Budd this morning, leaving users unable to access the streaming service. Problems began just after 10am (UK time) as users reported that the Amazon app, streaming web site and even the …

1. MJI Silver badge

Big problem with it.

We have Prime but can only use music on the computer with its crappy little monitor speakers.

We have Prime video on the PS4 coeected up to a surround sound system (as it is also Blu Ray player).

No Prime music aghhhhhh!

1. Timmy B

Re: Big problem with it.

Been working fine for me all morning. I simply can't be a developer without my loud punks!

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I think there's a Prime Music app on your phone.

Prime doesn't get you a full Prime Music subscription though - you do get some songs but not the fully library.

1. MJI Silver badge

But I want it in the living room

So I have to stick with CDs

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meh.....

Prime Music is frustrating beyond belief, everything you want to listen to needs 'Unlimited'

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

TITSUP

Total Inability To Stream Under-remunerated Performances

4. Teiwaz

Time for a rename

Amazon Sub-Prime.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've got squigabytes of MP3s on an SD card in my phone, all ripped from the six crates of CDs in my garage. I can listen to them anytime and anywhere I want.

Drown in mayonnaise, millennials.

1. Franco

I have too, but the snowflakes seem to think I am some sort of luddite for not streaming music.

I have bought some music from Amazon, but I always immediately download the MP3s.

2. JohnFen

Yep, me too. The gigabytes of music I have stored on my phone continue to be available to me no matter what. That alone is a wonderful reason to not use streaming services.

...that said, I can stream directly from my music server at home should I really want to do the streaming thing. It's occasionally useful.

6. MiguelC Silver badge

And that's why I still buy CDs

I get better sound quality (I do hear the difference) at home and rip them for mobile listening

7. Some Twat

Amazon music sucks

I used them because of the music locker which was a pretty decent deal, and when I signed up the web interface didn't completely suck. Then the interface gradually got worse, uploading music became increasingly irritating and they finally killed the locker service, all while having duplicate albums all over the place and removing songs from the service at an alarming rate. I decided that I'd quite like to actually own my music (which I've bought from a variety of sources) and stream it to my devices so I set up my RasPi to do that job for me. Sorted.

8. sid1950
    Linux

Prime Unlimited

I have Prime Music on my Fire TV and that is working at 14:33 in London, UK. Also works on my desktop.

9. Jay Lenovo
    FAIL

It's the sound, of silence

The error code displayed, "Exception #300" ...the straw that broke the camel's back.

I guess the first 299 exceptions as to why Prime Music fails, weren't quite enough.

10. jake Silver badge

"In a reminder of a golden age when we still had physical media,"

Reminder? Some of us never bought into the whole "cloud" hype in the first place ... especially not for something as easy to manage as music! I mean. honestly, you HAVE to be online to listen to your tunes? Really? What flavo(u)r was the koolaide?

1. 2Nick3

Re: "In a reminder of a golden age when we still had physical media,"

When your "unlimited" data plan slows to a crawl you realize that having your music locally on your device has some significant advantages.

Plus not having to tote your full-sized phone everywhere is a plus. Seeing people with the new iPhones at the gym is pretty silly looking sometimes.

11. Dan 55 Silver badge

The personal touch as only Amazon knows how

I'm sorry for the issues you've encountered with Amazon Prime Music. [...] ^21

There we go, @AmazonHelp Social Media Representative 21 is sorry. That makes it all better.

1. tin 2

Re: The personal touch as only Amazon knows how

also @AmazonHelp Social Media Representative 21 is sorry for *your* issues. Not theirs.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Alexa play Simon & Garfunkel the sound of silence

1. gypsythief

Re: The Sound of Silence

Hello AC, my old friend

I've come to spy on you again,

Because Alexa softly sneaking,

Took your privacy while you were sleeping,

And the dystopia that was planted in your home,

Always remains,

For the profits of Besos.

(Of course, Paul Simon was railing against the death of conversation caused by the telly-telly-bunkum-box. He was so prophetic with his vision, yet utterly failed to see how far things would fall...)

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: The Sound of Silence

Изгоните Безос! Просит душа;

Изгоните Безос! Сгинь нечистая.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like