back to article Windows 10 1809: Now arriving on a desktop near you (if you want it)

Windows 10 October 2018 update is here, having skipped past the Release Preview phase, and can be downloaded now if you can’t wait for it to make an automatic appearance. Windows 10 1803 screenshot Click to enlarge While many observers (us included) expected a release date for Windows 10 to be secreted among the hardware …

1. iron Silver badge

"Switched on by default is a useful clipboard history, which will stash plain text, HTML and small images and is accessible by hitting the Windows key and ‘V’. Sometimes the little things can be the most welcome."

Yeah very useful when I go looking for passwords people have copy & pasted from Keypass et al.

1. Sixtysix
      Flame

I'd like to pass please Bob....

Quite - this remembering of C&P was one of the first things I turned off in whichever version of Office came with similar features.

Insecurity by rote.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Dominic Shields

Mine was switched off by default but on enabling it I found it far less useful than the utility 3D Clipboard I have used for years - completely accept the security loophole thing but you can clear it when you like and get it to clear on closedown.

2. mark l 2 Silver badge

No doubt it will probably tie my PC for the best part of a day to get this 'feature update' so I will continue to mark my WIFI network as metered to get just security updates and stick with the last years Autumn update until the support runs out for that and I am forced to take the feature upgrades.

I suspect, as my desktop PC is getting on a bit now (2009) it won't be long before MS claim that it won't be able to support a future Windows 10 update and I will either be forced to buy a new PC to keep Windows up to date. Or more likely I will just delete the Windows install and go to fully Linux Mint on the machine as I only boot into Windows about once a week as it is.

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
      Linux

"I only boot into Windows about once a week as it is."

looks like it's time to move your windows schtuff into a VM, hosted on Linux. Yeah, system backups will be easier (in virtualbox, "export appliance" - so simple!)

1. big_D Silver badge

@bombastic bob agreed, dual booting is usually a waste fo time, you end up rarely using it and it is a real pain. Unless you have some sort of technical need (games, old hardware that "hits the metal" (which is unlikely with Windows 10)), there is rarely a need to dual-boot these days.

I do it the other was round, I have a Windows 10 PC with half a dozen different Linux VMs running under Hyper-V. But using Xen or KVM on Linux would be my preferred way of going forward, or at the outside, shudder, VirtualBox.

2. jelabarre59

No doubt it will probably tie my PC for the best part of a day to get this 'feature update' so I will continue to mark my WIFI network as metered to get just security updates and stick with the last years Autumn update until the support runs out for that and I am forced to take the feature upgrades.

Yeah, looks like's already time to once again disable the 'Windows Update' service on my brother's W10 machine in the Catskills (on a sub-1mbit DSL line). I'll put the mega-"update" on it probably in Dec or Jan, the next time he brings the machine down this way. Otherwise the update will completely hang and fubar the system when it *tries* (and fails) to update.

3. Gordon 11

No doubt it will probably tie my PC for the best part of a day...

My laptop has 16GB of memory and an SSD - it's pretty fast. It still took ~3.5 hours to update (I wasn't doing anything on the system other than watching it...) after the download started.

What are these updates doing for all that time?

1. Jason Hindle

"My laptop has 16GB of memory and an SSD - it's pretty fast. It still took ~3.5 hours to update"

My ThinkPad X1 Carbon took less than an hour. This morning I will kick it off on my Surface 3. Could be a long day.

1. MrNigel

Timeout

Took 54 mins on my 4 year old SP3. Who cares?

1. onefang

Re: Timeout

"Took 54 mins on my 4 year old SP3. Who cares?"

Took two hours on the laptop I was using this morning. I care, coz I wanted to boot the thing into Linux to get some work done, instead I was left staring into space and twiddling my thumbs.

This is another case where dual booting is preferred to running VMs. It's not my laptop, the people that own it expect it to boot into Windows, the Linux stuff I was doing this morning is rather memory intensive, and there's not that much memory on the laptop. So no room to run a VM.

2. Jason Hindle

“My ThinkPad X1 Carbon took less than an hour. This morning I will kick it off on my Surface 3. Could be a long day.”

Wasn't as bad as I was expecting given the Surface 3’s well known limitations. Upgrade started at 07:15 and completed shortly after 10:00.

2. TheGreatCabbage

My Surface Pro 3 and desktop both did it in under an hour. Not sure why your laptop took so long...

1. This post has been deleted by its author

4. big_D Silver badge

I upated 3 machines yesterday, a Skylake HP Spectre x360, a Ryzen 7 desktop and a Lenovo Thinkpad T480. The installation runs in the background and didn't affect my use of the machine, that took about 40 minutes for preparing, downloading and installing. The restart took around 10 minutes on each.

3. djstardust

Hmmmm

And it will automagically reverse all your security settings and make "Edge" the default browser again.

No thanks.

I bought my GPD pocket with Win10 on it last year. It worked perfectly out of the box so I totally disabled windows update and it's been perfect ever since.

Apparently the last update killed some of them completely so better safe than sorry and all that.

1. richardcox13

Re: Hmmmm

Didn't here (work PC updated overnight).

And working fine. Dark theme extends to Explorer now (nice).

A couple of reports of some firewall rules being disabled but that didn't impact me either!

I never seem to have problems with these updates... what am I doing wrong?

1. MysteryGuy

> I never seem to have problems with these updates... what am I doing wrong?

I've had the opposite experience where something almost always got broken on update.

It got to where I would curse whenever I suddenly got the 'We're about to make windows better' chirpy pop-up announcing that it was about to (very likely) ruin my day...

2. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

"what am I doing wrong?" Being a sycophant?

3. BobChip
        Linux

Re: Hmmmm - updates

(work PC updated overnight) - and found the process markedly faster than the April 2018 Update – less than an hour from start to finish.

One (more) reason why I use Linux.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It didn't reverse any settings here - all the options to block "apps" and protect privacy were set to do so before the update from 1803, then remained so after the update to version 1809. I cannot speak for the default browser part. But even if so, no biggie.

3. big_D Silver badge

All my privacy settings remain correctly set (i.e. don't provide any information).

Interestingly, when you start Edge after the update (Firefox was still my default browser), it appologised that the 3rd party cookie tracking option was leaky prior to the update, but it is all okay now.

4. phuzz Silver badge

My home machine updated yesterday. It didn't change my default browser.

Weirdly I've not had any problems with Win10 updates, despite my home machine being made up of a collection of parts that are slowly rotated over a period of years, and the OS having been upgraded-in-place since Vista (thru 7, 8, 8.1 and finally 10). Really I should be having more issues than I do.

4. Huw D

Tried it. It broke LMI Rescue Technicians console.

Back to 1803 until I can work out what's going on.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

https://beta.logmeinrescue.com/UK/account/login

Head to the beta site and download the latest Tech console - 7.12.3325 (64-bit)

Enjoy!

1. Huw D

Why, thank you very much AC!

5. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"there isn’t a lot in it"

Well whaddya you know, maybe this time Microsoft will manage to not break something.

Maybe.

In any case, I'm no longer on the sidelines because my wife now has a work laptop with Windows 1 0 that I am desperately trying to find the way to properly lock down. It's a "clean" system, in that it has obviously been wiped and reinstalled, so I am hoping that I can stay ahead of the rot and stop the creep.

Windows Update has been disabled, of course. I'll enable that every now and then, for the security updates, and that will be all.

1. djstardust

Re: "there isn’t a lot in it"

Don't worry, Windows Update will re-enable itself every week or so on it's own!

2. EnviableOne

local group policy editor is your friend, go mine locked down and configured to not allow most stuff.

3. eldakka

In any case, I'm no longer on the sidelines because my wife now has a work laptop with Windows 1 0 that I am desperately trying to find the way to properly lock down.

Is your wife self-employed, a contractor or similar? Otherwise, why is it your problem?

1. wallaby

"Is your wife self-employed, a contractor or similar? Otherwise, why is it your problem?"

Agreed, in most companies letting the employees partner (or anyone outside the company) mess about with how the PC is set up is grounds for a disciplinary, in some companies switching off updates where a PC doesn't receive a security update could be construed as gross misconduct.

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Re: why is it your problem?

My wife is an elementary school teacher here in France. If you think the Education Nationale has on-call IT techs for hardware issues, I have news for you my friend.

Nobody cares about the equipment, nobody knows why the WiFi isn't working and if a reboot doesn't do the trick, the computers stay unused until such time as I walk in to check what is (or isn't) going on. If I get the things working again, everyone will be happy until it all goes pear-shaped again a few weeks later.

The younger, new teacher generation isn't all that better because now they've grown up on mobile and skipped the formative years of faffing around on school equipment or a home PC.

But there is light at the end of the tunnel : my wife is planning on retiring in four years. So I have at most four more years of school IT support to bear, and then I'll be done with it.

1. Terry 6 Silver badge

It's the same in UK (or at least England) for most primary schools. Some have a local authority IT guy who may get there to sort things out. It depends on the cost and quality of the contract since it's usually outsourced by the LA. Cheaply. And that's an improvement from what it was when I started teaching in the 80s. I got back into doing computery stuff having been an amateur tinkerer previously because there was no one else doing it. I assisted and took over from a deputy head when he got promoted. Training local schools to use their newly arriving PCs. And the situation didn't improve for over a decade - but the number of computers increased dramatically. And even today most schools ( this is where I started this comment) will wait a long time for something to get fixed if there is no scheduled visit.

1. Korev Silver badge

I used to live with a primary school teacher in the UK, the situation is exactly as you describe. IIRC they had someone come on for half a day per week, which included working on the "server". I used to fix things on her laptop and "smart board" as they'd never get sorted otherwise.

1. Terry 6 Silver badge

Yup.Plenty of classrooms with non-working smartboards because the Devils Brew of connecting a laptop, smartboard, projector, speakers, network and assorted sockets is just made to be high maintenance and education doesn't have funding for maintenance. ( Or even to replace the sodding bulbs when they go).

And then there is the matter of the kids' laptops. 30 machines, with 30 network connections and 30 charge points shared by 120 kids and 4 teachers with 6-8 TAs is just a recipe for device failures.

6. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

Will wait a bit until it get the all-clear from world+dog.

Also explains why my WSUS server is churning like crazy. Meh.

7. Marco van de Voort

pseudo tty's

Didn't this release have the rearrangement of conshost to support pseudo TTY's and an API for it?

It was mentioned in the console blog (https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/commandline/), but I haven't checked the release trajectories myself.

It could be a new era in console computing :-)

1. Kristian Walsh Silver badge

Re: pseudo tty's

It seem you're in luck.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/console/createpseudoconsole

1. stephanh

Re: pseudo tty's

So now we don't need winpty anymore?

8. Omgwtfbbqtime
    Facepalm

So its time to manually create a restore point again - and also make sure restore points haven't been disabled again...

9. LenG

Not worried for the next 12 months

There is nothing in this release I want so I will continue my policy of delaying all feature upgrades for the maximum permitted time while the rest of the world tests and debugs them for me.

1. anthonyhegedus Silver badge

Re: Not worried for the next 12 months

"There is nothing in this release I want so I will continue my policy of delaying all feature upgrades for the maximum permitted time while the rest of the world tests and debugs them for me."

You absolute rebel!

10. Version 1.0 Silver badge

Windows Update is an oxymoron.

The phrase always reminds me of "military intelligence" and "act naturally" ... it will shuffle the deck and very little else.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams

1. the Jim bloke

Re: Windows Update is an oxymoron.

"Military Intelligence" is an actual term with a specific use, jumped on by self declared "wits" to elevate themselves at the expense of something that could not care less about their posturing.

True oxymorons in our current age are "political leadership" and "business ethics"

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hello Welcome To Microsoft 'Onavo'

"Android users are getting one more superpower with the new Windows update, beyond the Your Phone app. Earlier this year, Microsoft unveiled Timeline, a Windows 10 feature that kept track of which files and webpages you were accessing, and when, so you could figuratively trace your digital steps and find what you were looking for. Now, Android users can install the Microsoft Launcher app, and access that same Timeline, so you can find the website or Office 365 file you wanted."

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/08/23/onavo_vpn_pulled_from_ios/

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

'Figuratively trace your digital steps and find what you were looking for'

More like 'trace your digital steps and find what Microsoft was looking for'.... Tracking how you use your phone to try and stay relevant. Microsoft boss: 'Privacy is a human right' - My A$$!

_____

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2018/05/07/privacy-human-right-says-microsoft-boss-satya-nadella/

1. wallaby

Re: 'Figuratively trace your digital steps and find what you were looking for'

"More like 'trace your digital steps and find what Microsoft was looking for'.... Tracking how you use your phone to try and stay relevant. Microsoft boss: 'Privacy is a human right' - My A$$!"

Tin hats available in aisle 2

2. Tom 35

Re: Hello Welcome To Microsoft 'Onavo'

Timeline... seems to have fallen down the stairs and gotten disabled.

12. Terry 6 Silver badge

AHH

Went to "check for updates" to let it install on one of my machines, the main one, so that I could control the process at a time when it wasn't in use. Glad I did. Update froze at 21%.

Rebooted and automatic revert. Error message in the history was one of those generic ones that means "something went wrong".

Typical.

13. rich436

f you play 4K from your computer and want to have HDR, then you have to install this update.

14. Stephen Portsafe

Edge in 1809

Some people have found Edge will not load websites if IPv6 is not enabled on their system after installing 1809. The current fix being to enable IPv6.

1. Gordon 11

Re: Edge in 1809

Some people have found Edge will not load websites if IPv6 is not enabled on their system after installing 1809. The current fix being to enable IPv6.

Surely a simpler fix is not to use Edge?

1. Stephen Portsafe

Re: Edge in 1809

As of 1803, Edge became "usable" and continues to improve. And for those who check, perhaps it improves more noticeably than other browsers, as it was so comparatively barebones when it arrived in 2015.

Regardless of how many people do or do not use it, some folks do. Worldwide it's millions. I use it sometimes (the times I find myself on Windows 10 machines), and I've grown to like it as it keeps getting better. I'd probably use it all the time, but the long term branch version of Windows I employ doesn't have it.

Moreover, many people are looking for ABC/Google alternatives e.g. I use Firefox on my main drivers, I've signed up for Minds and Bitchute (and actually visit from time to time), often deliberately use search that's Bing based, and have a whole host of Google's tracking domains deadsunk in a hosts file.

So I have no issue with my original post.

15. Nick Collingridge

“A worthy update”

Really? That’s being very generous indeed! Fanboy, not at all.

16. Steve Jackson

I had to laugh at the "updated" Edge menu's striking familiarity to the Internet Explorer menu.

Has it really been hidden away so long that the design team hit on that purely by chance?

17. John 61
    Meh

You'll need a spare couple of hours (on a consumer machine)

Took me 1 3/4 hours to download and install, as well as another hour or so for Windows Update to do its blue screeny thing. Then there was the Windows Store updating programs thing which took another 15 minutes.

Took 5 hours in total on my sister's laptop as WU kept crashing (she went shopping as I babysat the computers). If you do decide to download and you're on a laptop, plug the damned thing in as you'll have no battery. It's 1.88Gb in size, and will take you to build 17763.1, and is nothing to write home about.

Oh, yes almost forgot, during installation on me sister's laptop it flip-flopped between "initializing" and "pending install". If this happens restart the machine and once rebooted run WU again and it should then carry on installing.

18. Roger B

Broke syncing for me

It took about 4 hours on my very very old Pentium dual core desktop to finish sorting it self out, but only about 30 minutes on my not so old i3 machine with ssd. My surface tablet though is still on 1803 and not seeing any sort of update which I think is why my Edge browser has lost all but 2 of my Favourites, I guess its only showing the 2 sites because they were added when I was using the tablet and now the syncing is broken.

Not really seen any changes yet, dark mode is nice though and its good to seem some more options in the right click menu in the Edge browser, oh and HomeGroup is no more.

19. big_D Silver badge

RP? I thought it was RTM

But as it doesn't need to be pressed on DVDs any more, I guess the manufacturing falls away.

I prefer Mary Jo's version of RTM - Release To Muggles.

20. anthonyhegedus Silver badge

It'll tie up older PCs that still use spinning disks for a long time. But even a fast computer with an SSD will be tied up for at least 15-30 minutes. People who use their computers for a living, you know, who actually need it to do their job, will be pissed off as usual. Microsoft have to find a way to do their feature updates without a reboot for people to stop thinking the whole process is a joke.

And another thing. This 'fast boot' thing where when you shut down it really only does a log-out-and-hibernate so that it'll start up quicker next time will get turned on if it was turned off. This would be great if it worked. We all know that Windows needs to be rebooted from time to time because it's 'gone wrong'. So people shut it down and start it up again. Except that is NOT the same as a reboot. Problems persist, time is wasted. We see people's computers not having been properly actually rebooted for weeks sometimes. So once again, Microsoft haven't thought something through. Windows needs rebooting regularly to work properly. Shutting it down every night isn't the same thing. People naturally assume that if it's not working they should 'turn it off and on again' and that makes no difference.

What microsoft need to do is to make the system reliable enough that it doesn't need rebooting every few days, and that's a tall order.

And before anyone downvotes me, I can say that it's our number 1 fix for our 600-odd customer end users' problems. They have a problem, we ask them to RESTART, and they protest, saying they've done that. So we explain that they haven't. We talk them through the process and the problem is fixed.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

It's radical but why don't you set the active hours between 12 midnight and 5am, so the update happens when you've toddled up the wooden hill to bedfordshire?

21. Natalie Gritpants Jr

Dark mode themeing is always broken

Given that anything in HTML can specify the background colours and the viewer either respects them or throw away any colour information (e.g. keyword highlighting)

A good solution to blinding white screens is NegativeScreen from https://github.com/mlaily/NegativeScreen for Windows newer than XP. It even works with ClearType fonts. OK it's no good for photos but normal mode is just a win-alt-V away.

22. Sixtysix
    Joke

LESS Pleasant? Than WHAT?

"Take it to the Edge"

"The Edge browser <...> nag screen at the start, suggesting users link their browser to their mobile device is, however, a bit less pleasant."

Dear heavens - "less pleasant" is FAR too light a roast for that nonsense!

I'd suggest "a step too far"...

23. #define INFINITY -1

"branch readiness"

I had switched one of my machines to 'Semi-Annual Channel' and checking for updates doesn't offer this one; another machine has the default 'Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted)' and it is busy installing now. I point this out as the article doesn't mention these channels.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Windows

Lets get real

This is just the best ever Windows 10 OS, it's the best ever OS.

25. Fading
    Facepalm

Doesn't play well...

With the intel audio display driver (intcdaud.sys vers 10.25.0.3 – 10.25.0.8). Notification here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4465877/what-needs-your-attention-intel-audio-display-notification

As with every update - good luck out there........

26. Long John Silver

Fond memories

I recollect the early days of personal computing being exiting. Adherents to the Microsoft way of doing things were assailed by notable improvements to Windows and to products running on it. Major Windows updates were eagerly anticipated. I recall NT as a milestone in reliability. Fascinating developments, many spurred by advances in networking technologies, continued, albeit with less haste, up to Windows 7. Up to that point I, and doubtless many others, both professional and enthusiast, would eagerly await news and pre-release reviews in specialist printed magazines. For me that ended with the advent of easy (relatively to before) to install Linux distributions configurable to work happily with a wide range of hardware.

However, emanations from Microsoft continue to fascinate by titillating a morbid sense of humour. I retain 'evaluation' versions, encapsulated in virtual machines, of Windows 7 and 10 merely because there very occasionally is software requiring full Windows rather than Wine. Indeed, hardly ever nowadays is Windows/Wine of any use to me. Yet, watching the antics of the 'upgrade' from Windows 7+ to 10 and subsequent bug fixes and 'improvements' to 10, is source of amusement.

I conclude that Windows 10's evolutionary steps, which can be delayed but not halted, no longer enthral either IT professionals or humble users. They look to have become a burden and offer rapidly diminishing returns of functionality. Perhaps that is a transient stage before long term stability takes hold.

What's also clear is how all this coincides with a shift of Microsoft marketing towards software rental and to retaining control of its 'intellectual property' by pretence of requirement for regularly 'calling home' offering enhanced services to customers. Moreover, at ordinary 'consumer' level, desktop/laptop Windows is becoming centred upon home entertainment and shopping. Fair enough if that's what people want. However, at this level, Windows 10 seemingly is becoming ever less configurable according to user whim; large elements of its offered functionality and of its hidden functionality are beyond user control. Nevertheless, savvy users can still more or less make Windows dance to their tune.

That said, things to come bode ill for people who regard their computing devices their own absolute fiefdom. Microsoft, with its huge footprint in personal computing, is now well placed to offer its services as protector of so-called 'intellectual property rights'. For instance, 'Windows Defender' cannot be entirely switched off; it's a simple step to make it seek out and destroy copyright infringing material of any nature. Already compulsory regular 'security updates' would enable installing hashes of known infringing 'content' to be placed on user devices; specific 'calling home' cannot be ruled out either. Additionally, Defender, or similar, could root around within installed software to seek embedded authorisation code. Another step is to implement (on regional basis) site-blocks on behalf of governments; even if VPN is used (or allowed) the operating system should be able to ascertain site addresses and block access. Also, it could locate and nullify code supporting 'unauthorised' alternatives to the conventional WWW.

Thus, for a modest fee, Microsoft can put itself forth as the most effective preventative of copyright infringement (digital), at least for the huge swathe of the world's population locked into Microsoft products. Given Microsoft's immense proselytisation of itself via free/cheap versions of its software for use in schools and universities (doubtless linked to a financial 'donation') its position is pretty much ensured. That, at least until its effective monopoly is challenged. It's not to the personal interests of legislators to do that. Not just for the sake of bribes from discrete Microsoft agents but also because copyright cartels have many legislators firmly in their pockets.

So, excitement at forthcoming Windows security and feature updates shall continue but of different tenor. Knowledgable people will await with trepidation the next restriction imposed on use of their devices and access to the Internet. An additional frisson shall come through speculation over whether Microsoft is slipping something in without fanfare.

27. largefile

Updated home build older desktop, Surface 3 and Surface Book 2. No problems.

Uneventful update. No issues on anything.

28. binary
    Linux

Windows arriving on a desktop near you...

After all these years, watching the paint dry on the wall while waiting for the Windows update slugs to finish their slow chore, I still wonder what "improvements" is Microsoft talking about?

29. MJI Silver badge

What is broken?

Each update breaks something, what are the targets this time?

BTW still 7 here

30. subminiature

6 out of 8 installed

Two desktops, Dell venue 8 pro. Lenovo MXII700 installed without issue. The HP 7 Steam also updated when it repeatedly failed on 1803. A third desktop rebooted with no text on icons, menus or file explorer. Another reboot from cold solved that.

A Revo RL70 that failed on 1803 got to the finial update at 81% and hung. It reverted to 1709. A desktop HP PC fails to load windows and is in a loop of not being able to repair itself.

So 6 out of 8. It was also 6 out of 8 on the 1803 with the RL70 not being able to install, not even off a USB memory stick since 1709, getting to 81% and locking up.

31. aqk
    Coat

NO! XP WAS THE BEST EVER!

I've been using Build17763 for a week or two now. ( as well as 2 or 3 flavours of Linux)

OMG. Now I have to read all the El-Rag comments here?

From the usual gang of weenie suspects (yes I know who you are) that said:

- " I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY XP FOR SOME WEE LUCKY CHARMS!"

- "Hey! Yes, Vista was BAD! But M$ has improved it!"

- "Windows 7 is the best EVER! Who would upgrade it to some shitty M$ Windows-10?"

- "You will HAVE TO PRY MY WIN-XP OUT OF MY COLD DEAD MOUSE!"

- "FUCK YOU, M$ ! I AM SWITCHING TO LINUX! And by 2017, we will all be running LINUX on our desktops!"

And so it goes..(sigh) why is this even a news item on El Rag?

OH! You have actually read this far? OK- Look below. There is a downvote button to click on.(but you already knew that) Hey, just making it easier for you tired old unimaginative bozos. I expect AT LEAST 100 downvotes by Nov 15! So I can impress my girlfriend with what I comment on....

1. onefang

Re: NO! XP WAS THE BEST EVER!

You'll have to try harder to get 100 downvotes. Just to help you out, coz I'm a helpful kinda guy, here's one.

32. thexfile
    Facepalm

Microsoft pulls 1809 from update.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like