back to article MyHealth Record privacy legislation published

In case it survives long enough to pass legislation, the Australian government has published proposed amendments that would strengthen the privacy protections surrounding MyHealth Record. After it was changed from an opt-in model to op-out, the government's e-health system was criticised for too-easy law enforcement access to …

1. Winkypop Silver badge
    Devil

What time is it now?

{implosion sound}

1. Phil Kingston

Re: What time is it now?

Pretty sure it's my turn to be PM any day now. Everyone else seems to have had a go.

1. Adam 1

Re: What time is it now?

@Phil, whilst I don't know you from a bar of soap, you can't be much worse than those on offer. Whilst JB might be ok in the job, she lacks a penis so they won't promote her.

2. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge
  2. bd1235

Health minister resigns

The health minister, Greg Hunt, is one of those people who have resigned in protest against the Prime Minister. If that situation remains then that is the end of those changes. He is actually my local MP and I had him wrongly tabbed as a "wet" and I was getting ready to vote against him in the coming election.

1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

Re: Health minister resigns

He didn't "resign in protest", he and several others offered their resignations because it's convention to do so after you've voted against the PM in a leadership ballot.

1. Sorry that handle is already taken. Silver badge

Re: Health minister resigns

Now that Trumble is clearly sunk*, as of the morning of 23/8, they're all tendering their resignations, which is an actual resignation.

* Despite apparently still being the preferred leader amongst both Australians in general and Liberal voters.

3. James 63
    Big Brother

Phew

"Under the amendments, records can only be accessed under a judicial order."

I hope all the black hats read that sentence. We'll all be safe now then.

1. Mark 65

Re: Phew

Along with...

Judicial orders allowing MyHealth Record information disclosure would have a maximum lifetime of six months, and the citizen would have to be informed that their information is being disclosed.

up until the point at which they sneak in a little change to remove the notification "because national security".

4. Jim Whitaker

Who needs a Government?

Be like the Belgians or the Northern Irish. Just do without.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon