back to article Can, can, can you buy it, CANCOM? Brexit's made it cheap(er), man: Firm inks OCSL deal

Munich-headquartered integrator CANCOM has confirmed to the German stock exchange that it is buying British enterprise tech supplier OCSL for £29m in cash and shares. Founded in 1990, West Sussex-based OCSL resells hardware and software, hybrid cloud, and managed and consultancy services. It largely works with HPE, Microsoft, …

1. Jason Bloomberg Silver badge
    Unhappy

Rule Britannia

I am wondering if there will be any business left in Britain after Brexit which could legitimately be called British.

RCL probably, if one can call it a business.

1. streaky

Re: Rule Britannia

a) Yes

b) What difference does it make? Why is it that the same people who are so eager to stay in the EU are the people with the biggest problem with foreign ownership of companies?

c) Are people actually pretending that before we voted to leave the EU British companies weren't bought by foreign companies?

d) It's all FDI and FDI is good.

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

I wonder if that's what Brexiters had in mind when they said 'take back control'.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

I wonder if that's what Brexiters had in mind when they said 'take back control'.

As (apparently) a Brexiteer, I can only offer my own thoughts, and I'm more than happy to sell British businesses to foreigners. That crystallises the value for the entrepreneurs that built them or subsequent opportunistic aggregators who can then either build a new business, or retire on their winnings. There's a long trail of evidence that corporate buyers get the dirty end of the stick compared to the sellers.

For me "taking back control" is about holding our own parliament to account, stopping the lazy bastards being able to blame Brussels for everything and having more local control. I'd accept there's a financial cost to that, but rather too often people fight wars over that. Why fight for freedom in two world wars, and then surrender voluntarily to the non-transparent, protectionist sludgocracy that is the EU?

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
          FAIL

"For me "taking back control" is about holding our own parliament to account,

stopping the lazy bastards being able to blame Brussels for everything and having more local control."

I see.

So you expect Brexit will raise your IQ 10 or 20 points do you?

Yet another fool who blames their misfortunes on anything but their own incompetence.

Brexit. Less a "Coalition of the Willing" and more a "Coalition of the Stupid"

1. Captain Scarlet Silver badge
            Trollface

Re: "For me "taking back control" is about holding our own parliament to account,

Where can I get my "Coalition of the Stupid" pin badge?

1. John Smith 19 Gold badge
              Unhappy

Where can I get my "Coalition of the Stupid" pin badge?

The same place I can get a detailed plan for how HMG is going to upgrade/replace its IT systems for Brexit of course. :-)

Actually "Coalition of the Stupid" is a little harsh.

But "Coalition of the stupid, gullible and chancers (like the supplier of all that cheap s**t you can find at the end of supermarket aisles in the UK, or JRM) " is a bit of a mouth full.

2. Captain Scarlet Silver badge
        Paris Hilton

Ah you've obviously just thought everyone such as myself voted Leave because Gove and co told us to.

Believe what you want but you are wrong.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon