back to article I'll have two pints of Blockchain Brew and a half of Cloudy Bollocks

It’s competition winner time at Vulture Central as we announce the five lucky readers destined to receive free tickets to the CAMRA Great British Beer Festival. Selecting the five - who each receive three tickets apiece - proved a challenge since as well being a thirsty lot (CAMRA’s servers buckled under the load of Register …

1. Loud Speaker

Flavours

Large Hadron flavoured ale is my favorite. The small hadrons just don't hack it!

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The earliest reference I can find to "cloudy bollocks"! David Cameron did it first:

http://www.anorak.co.uk/273894/politicians/david-camerons-big-society-bs-meets-small-minded-muslims-in-east-london.html

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Congratulations to the winners and may your livers survive your victory.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Maybe El Reg readers, maybe not.

'CAMRA’s servers buckled under the load of Register readers seeking tickets'

As a CAMRA member I was offered a discount nowhere near the amount El Reg had negotiated.

I shared the article (not just the code) with a few friends who are CAMRA members but probably not El Reg readers. Maybe they shared further amongst their circle of friends and so on.

Whilst I appreciate El Reg's discount (which I personally couldn't take advantage of as I'd already bought my ticket) it might be better PR for CAMRA to offer paying members a better discount than you can get from reading an online tech rag?

No disrespect to El Reg or CAMRA, just my thoughts.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Maybe El Reg readers, maybe not.

You sound a bit, how do you say? bitter.

1. Korev Silver badge
        Coat

Re: Maybe El Reg readers, maybe not.

I hops he feels better soon

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sometimes real life gets there first

http://www.salopianbrewery.co.uk/oracle/

6. ThereBePirates
    Pint

Well done competition winners!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

All that effort paid off.

Thanks El-Reg.

More competitions please, (mainly due to a 100% success record of winning).

Obviously, a wasted talent or a talent wasted, I'm easy either way.

Time to start my microbrewery...

8. Aladdin Sane

Must've been fixed

because I didn't win.

9. John Brown (no body) Silver badge

I'd love to go...

"John Brown, very much a man of the moment, suggested “Blockchain Brew”. “No one understands it but everyone wants it.” Very true, John, very true."

Much as I'm thrilled to have actually won something in my life, I'm afraid a 700 mile round trip to Olympia isn't on the cards at such short notice. Please donate or otherwise award the tickets to someone who can make use of them.

10. Real Ale is Best
    Linux

Nice and cool here in Olympia!

If you are in London this week, I can confirm that Olympia's air conditioning is working very well, and there is plenty of beer available.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon