back to article New Pentagon CIO's JEDI mind-change trick: Controversial cloud deal paused

Controversial plans to award a massive Pentagon cloud project to a single supplier are said to be on hold as the department's newly minted CIO reviews the programme. Dana Deasy, who joined the Department of Defense from JPMorgan in May, was assigned management of the cloud project at the end of June and is reported to have …

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

More Alan Turing than Francis E. Dec? More Douglas Noel Adams than Einstein?

How about beta testing/crash testing/assimilating an Estranging Program, which rather than it engaging with current systems, do current systems try to engage via their/its exclusive trap door accesses to Leading IT Productions Anonymously Provided by Estranging Projects on Future AIMissions?

And with the Stated Goal the Presentation of Perfected Augmented Virtual Reality Systems for Universal Advanced IntelAIgent Operation .... with Global Operating Devices Sharing Sensitive Info for Greater IntelAIgent Games Play/Virtual Realisation in Novel Noble AIPlantations ...... Fundamentally Changed and More Orderly Brave New World Orders ...... is the Experience Practically Almighty and Devilishly Encouraging and Fabulously Exciting :-)

Methinks though some things are best left as Special Executive Operations. Indeed, Special Operations Executives will ensure such is so.

Is the following a Flight of CyberIntelAIgent Fancy or the Real McCoy .... a Decoy or Alienating Weapon? ....... Are Current SCADA Systems being Mercilessly Battered ... into a Subservient AIRole to Virtual Machines

And whenever told that IT can be either and so much more besides as well, would it be an Acceptable Program with Projects or does it terrify you and would you terrorise it? Make IT AIMaster Plan Non Grata?

1. ArrZarr Silver badge

Re: More Alan Turing than Francis E. Dec? More Douglas Noel Adams than Einstein?

I can't tell if your post started out actually having an opinion before descending into buzzword soup or if you deliberately started your post as buzzword soup and successfully made buzzword gloop at the end.

I can say that after lying down a couple of times while part way through that I have read your post and have successfully captured the bits of my mind that had dribbled out of my left ear and put them back in again.

PS. Do you and Bob use the same kind of keyboard?

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: More Alan Turing than Francis E. Dec? More Douglas Noel Adams than Einstein?

I can say that after lying down a couple of times while part way through that I have read your post and have successfully captured the bits of my mind that had dribbled out of my left ear and put them back in again.

You've surely been here long enough to have worked out that you lose nothing and avoid such suffering simply by ignoring AMFM's posts?

2. Mayday
      Terminator

I read your post and It appears that the bot in question in the article below wrote it.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/07/07/ai_sucks_at_grading_written_essays_but_its_not_too_shabby_at_old_atari_games/

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon