back to article Slow-mo Tintri train-crash continues: Firm shuts up shop across Europe

Tintri has shut down across EMEA according to claims from company insiders, customers have been left with no discernible support function, and some staff told us they were laid off without any pay for June or redundancy terms. The slowly derailing flash storage company revealed a little more than a week ago that 200 staff were …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. Dwarf

Re: https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-if-your-employer-is-insolvent

If you go this route, go with your eyes open. Don't expect to get much out, since its all based on on whats left in the pot after various groups have taken their bit out first.

I've been through this once. You do a pile of paperwork and don't end up with a lot to show for it at the end. Yes the forms may say you are owed loads, but that won't generally end up in your bank for the reason stated above..

1. Wensleydale Cheese

"I've been through this once. You do a pile of paperwork and don't end up with a lot to show for it at the end. "

I was very happy to get my payout, because nobody was forthcoming with the information that it was possible until my accountant pointed it out.

As such, it was a pleasant bonus at a time I expected to receive nothing,

2. fredesmite

How do you get money out of a rock ?

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

"A recorded message stated Tintri was undergoing structural changes"

Well yeah, getting buried is indeed a "structural change".

Once again pie-in-the-sky manglement ruins a good idea and skips the ship before getting wet, letting all the deck hands drown without even throwing them a lifeline.

I hope the CxOs will find themselves at the short end of a heavy, court-imposed fine to get those ex-employees their due.

1. midcapwarrior

Re: "A recorded message stated Tintri was undergoing structural changes"

"I hope the CxOs will find themselves at the short end of a heavy, court-imposed fine to get those ex-employees their due."

Nice thought but that's not the way US bankruptcy works.

You'd have to prove fraud and not just incompetence or negligence.

Surprisingly high hurtle to prove in court, or maybe not since corporate law is paid for by corporations.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re:"A recorded message stated Tintri was undergoing structural changes"

Like a black hole event horizon, I'd like to remember Tintri before it took the infinite plunge into financial lunacy.

Sorry Tintri employees, you deserve better.

4. Roland6 Silver badge

Meanwhile the stock is still being traded...

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/tntr

5. fredesmite
    Mushroom

Violin Systems - REDUX

Those bastards are stealing the same plot and story line !

Pure is still bleeding to death too

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Violin Systems - REDUX

Just out of interest, why do you think Pure are bleeding? From what I understand, they seem pretty healthy, had a profitable year (or was it quarter), have plenty of cash in the bank for acquisitions, have more than just the one product etc.

If you're looking strictly at financial numbers then surely Dell EMC are in the worst shape with debts of over $40billion or thereabouts?

1. ManMountain1

Re: Violin Systems - REDUX

They were still losing money on May 21st, and at an increasing rate:

"The company reported first-quarter net losses of $64.3 million, or 29 cents a share, compared with net losses of $57.2 million, or 28 cents a share, in the year-ago period."

I'm pretty sure I have heard them say that they have cash for acquisitions though.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hey where are

these "independent analysts" to tell us how great Tintri was?

Where are the "balanced" bloggers that took "realistic" views of Tintri?

Where are the rest of the paid clowns and marketing leaches that misled customers?

These are the people that need to be out of business.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Hey where are

The issue is the startups are the only people who have the money to pay the analysts and bloggers. The FTC requirements on disclosure don't apply in the countries that some of them operate in.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Characteristically they can't even file for bankruptcy in a competent/timely manner.

I'm wondering if the creditors are pushing for straight up Chapter 7 (liquidation) while Kieran hems and haws and drags his heels for Chapter 13 so he can play at being in control a while longer. Just give up already.

Out of the 40-50 staff remaining, how many were in tech support? Grand total: 4. Yes, four. How many in Office of the CTO? 4. Yes, 4. The same guys who have been doing useless wanker demos and slide decks for 5 years. Literally for 5 years.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like