back to article Ex-Intel exec Diane Bryant exits Google cloud

In 2017 Diane Bryant left her post as group president of Intel’s data center group after a 30-year Chipzilla career, then took up a gig as chief operating officer of Google's cloud business. Now, she's left Google after just seven months. Bryant left Intel's Data Center Group in May 2017. The company cited unspecified “ …

1. Dr Scrum Master

A Surfeit of Dianes

I remember at a Google Cloud event about a year ago someone called Diane having to be called "the other Diane". Maybe there being another "the other Diane" was just too much to handle?

2. GrapeBunch

Deign to drain Alphabet for brain get Br(y)ant in hand dines duo in cloud. Chipzilla, my consensual pterosaur, mon armour. Illustrated by Edward Hopper heterodyner, landscraper non-flyer. Sauce for the brant is sauce for the Dia(ma)n(t)e. Schauce i mat.

1. baspax

I am confused

I want to up vote it but I don't want encourage more such comments

1. Steve K

Re: I am confused

Don't worry - it's AManFromMars's summer plumage....

1. GrapeBunch

I am charmed by the comparison to Joni Mitchell's cat. #mewtoo

2. GrapeBunch

@Steve K. Please deliver summer to my home in Canada before, in six months, I write such as this:

Surely there's no such thing as a sales engineer. Real engineers bristled at the term "software engineer", I guess because it was often self-referred and not the result of a course of study at a recognized school of engineering and subsequent professional qualification. But maybe they worked out the objections. The idea that there could ever be a sales engineer is at best a joke and at worst an insult to engineering. At least, that's what it says in this here book, "Word Neurosurgery".

PS: I'll gladly sign for it: delivered summer in January. Flight to New Zealand an acceptable substitute. Sorry, lift-to-weight ratio rather pathetic for auto-relocation.

Please do not send ticket for Australia. That would be by way of AManFromMars-upials. Splendour, mates.

1. Steve K

You can have it when we've finished with it over here, but not before... We can't risk bad weather affecting our current cricket form (at least for ODI/T20).

2. Alistair
            Flame

@Grapes

Dunno where you are in Canada, but in my neck of the woods we've gotten Saummer. Summer Sauna.

'scuze me while I melt.

(relevant icon)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like