back to article Press 1 for automagic K8s cluster. Press 2 or 3 for complex Kubernetes

VMware’s announced a new container play called “VMware Kubernetes Engine” (VKE) that will be offered as SaaS on AWS and soon on Azure too. The product offers vanilla Kubernetes, but automates provisioning, management and maintenance. It does that because VMware’s concluded that many developers want to adopt Kubernetes, but …

1. phuzz Silver badge

I suppose if you wait long enough, all acronyms in IT get reused, but I keep assuming that K8 is referring to the AMD K8 architecture that brought us the Athlon64, back the last time that AMD was making competitive CPUs.

It's not really explained what K8 is supposed to refer to in the article so I guess I'l keep on assuming it's an old CPU architecture.

1. Claptrap314 Silver badge

K8 != K8s

2. miskun

Or simply use Kontena Pharos...

... to get all that stuff and beyond, already today. Works on AWS or _any_ public cloud, even private data centers. Cost? Zero. Support available for those who need it. There are also other similar K8S distros, In fact, I'd like to read how this VMware distro compares to others. FYI, People should check CNCF website to get overview what is already available.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like