back to article US-CERT warns of more North Korean malware

The United States Department of Homeland Security's Computer Emergency Response Team (US-CERT) has warned against another malware campaign it says originates from North Korea. In its advisory, US-CERT said the “Typeframe” malware “includes malware descriptions related to HIDDEN COBRA”, the tag applied to a North Korean hacking …

1. Yet Another Anonymous coward Silver badge

Didn't get the memo?

We are now friends with North Korea, the enemy is Canada. We have always been at war with Canada.

For as long as Winston can recall, Oceania has been in a constant state of war – with whom it was at war is of neither importance nor consequence.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Didn't get the memo?

If they do have a war with Canada at least afterwards they'll say sorry.

1. Maelstorm Bronze badge
        Trollface

Didn't the war with Oh Canada already happen some years ago in the movie Wag the Dog?

1. Uncle Slacky Silver badge

I thought it was covered in the documentary "Canadian Bacon".

2. vtcodger Silver badge

Historical Note. The last official attack on the US by Canada was a failed surface and naval attack on Plattsburgh, NY in 1814. The last (unofficial) attacks from the US on Canada were a series of raids launched from the US by Canadian rebels in 1838 with some unofficial US support..

1. Uncle Slacky Silver badge

But the US did develop a strategy for invading Canada as late as the 1930s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red

2. _LC_
    Megaphone

https://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/inline-images/falsflag_0.jpg?itok=Rb21E50g

Gotta love them enemies, doing this nicely on a weekly basis...

1. bombastic bob Silver badge
      IT Angle

I changed 'itok' to a profanity, and also removed it entirely, and it still worked. Also did it from a somewhat-sandboxed browser, just in case. Did you need to include the 'itok' part on the link? Or does it now always show up as "you" surfing that site when people try the link?

just wonderin'. strange graphic, black&white parody of U.S. flag [obviously]. What was the point, again?

1. _LC_
        Paris Hilton

"I changed 'itok' to a profanity, and also removed it entirely, and it still worked. Also did it from a somewhat-sandboxed browser, just in case."

Wow, so much work. Good job!

"Did you need to include the 'itok' part on the link?"

Apparently not, if you say that it works without it...

"Or does it now always show up as "you" surfing that site when people try the link?"

I'm not registered there (besides, I got the bigger sandbox). Therefore, I'm guessing - no.

"What was the point, again?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJSVrq-6-jc

(Feel free to remove as much as you like and don't forget to report back.)

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Deep State

and the war industry must be worried that their profits will go down if the exercises aren't conducted as often in Korea. I mean, if they aren't blowing lots of stuff up, they will not need to buy more bombs and bullets.

Damn, their goes the company's Vegas trip...

4. FuzzyWuzzys
    Facepalm

But the "wiggy-one" said Kim was everyone's best mate and Kim should be allowed to play with everyone else now? Is "Wiggy" bored with his new playmate already?

5. Winkypop Silver badge
    Trollface

In related NEWS

The President has received a nifty new USB drive from the recent North Korean meeting.

6. Maelstorm Bronze badge
    Devil

Not surprising. For those of you who don't remember, NK was fingered for the massive hack against Sony/BMG a number of years ago. The motive was a movie they made called 'The Interview.'

Now if you have seen the movie, imagine if the roles of Kim Jong and Trump reversed.

1. _LC_
      Alert

SONY was being targeted before and it wasn't NK. As you should know by now, 'Anonymous' is synonymous for a three-letter-agency.

7. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Thumb Down

ALART!

The advisory doesn't say how many machines may have been infected by Typeframe, nor where infections occurred.

So it's not really a "warning" rather than hot air, aka. "warming"?

1. _LC_

Re: ALART!

Same problem as in Hollywood: the lack of decent writers. ;-)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like